Game 9: GMU (4-4) vs Toledo (5-2) on Saturday, December 3, at 2:00 PM.

Earl the Squirrel

Sixth Man
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Not sure if we can hang with Toledo. Kinda wish this game was in a week from from bc we are emerging in certain areas. Mainly JF.
It is generously accepted the team only goes as far as Polite takes us (a sentiment I share), but there are certainly additional question marks. Other than the American and the BC games, VB has been sub-par. If he can level his mid-range play and be more aggressive getting to the hoop (can't just be Coop and Polite) it would help us immensely.

Same thing with JF. He's demonstrated he can knock down 3 pt shots but he's supposed to also be a slasher. If he gets more comfortable on the floor, learns to make use of pump fakes to get defenders off their feet, who knows? I agree he's a wild card.

Ojiako is another question mark - even at this stage of the season. He's shooting 70% from the field, rebounds, and does a good job of taking care of the ball (only 3 TOs on the year), yet he's only playing 14 mins a game. One alarming stat: 0 assists on the year. Big fella needs to be able to find shooters.

I'll now wait for Sleeper to pounce and point out there ARE ONLY 40 MINS TO GO AROUND!! :)

Beating Hofstra helped restore confidence and there are still reasons to be hopeful. Hoping we out gun these guys today and minimize our TOs.

Leesburg Chankenstank III

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
When josh is is out the rest of the team seems to work together much better.

Teams have adjusted to Josh. He now needs to adjust to the adjustment. Stop waiting for the double team every damn time. Make your move quickly (like Ojiako) and put the defender on his heels for gods sake.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Teams have adjusted to Josh. He now needs to adjust to the adjustment.
They Dont Know Season 5 GIF by Friends

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Great win!

How about our defense today? We slowed Toledo down and played our way the entire game. Felt like no shot was wide open.

I can’t stand missing free throws or a cold start, but they played solid for a good 30 minutes today.

Our backups stepped up today. Malik Henry, Ojiako, Singleton. Malik was all over the place especially on the glass.

DeVon Cooper to the hoop is what I want to see more.

Fun game good win, I’m happy today.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Josh who? Step it up big guy.
I know you pride yourself playing the old curmudgeon role here, but try to do better than that after our best win of the year.

Josh had an off night, but maybe you could find the positive in Henry stepping up to help fill the void. As good as Cooper was, Malik to me was the player of the game.