Game 9: GMU (4-4) vs ODU (3-5) on Saturday, December 4, at 7 PM.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I think what saves this season at this point is if XJ and Polite come back and play 40 minutes combined at the point (Polite becomes the slasher we need to help unlock the defense). Hartwell goes back to the bench and plays 12-15 minutes off ball for us (because he’s the only player outside the top 4 who can actually be counted to score some points. And you get some kind of development out of Blake or Henry (ideally Henry). There is your 8-man rotation.

This is of course wishful thinking.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Our fanbase is full of mostly idiots. Every single one of you that got your hopes up after Maryland and are now bitchy and whiney about the results and CKE can look in the mirror on who to blame for that. THIS ROSTER SUCKS after the 4th guy. Hartwell should be a 10th man and he is braced into the starting lineup. Blake and Gray should be red shirted and Gadsden should be playing for NOVA CC. Henry is an athletic freak but mostly terrible, and XJ is one of the few PG's who can't actually dribble 75% of the time. I also personally think Polite needs to go to a lower level as well after seeing him hit more backboard than rim for an entire season (he can drive and kick which automatically makes him our 5th best player).

Someone please name for me a really good team that has absolutely nobody on the roster to play PG?

We have a top 75 recruit and a 3 star PG coming in next year and hopefully a lot more after 3/4th's of DP's recruits go play for Maryland Eastern Shore and D2.

Also, the dude who couldn't design a successful inbounds play in 5 years is all of a sudden a coaching savant that couldn't recruit? WTF were you watching after year 1 with DP? He could neither coach or recruit and it's funny some of his biggest detractors are now complimentary (George Pappas ring a bell you dunce?) Bowdoin College picking a damn videographer should be enough evidence. Special Assistant at the worst A10 team of the past 60 years is a good job for that coaching genius

The roster is full of holes: our best interior defender is a damn SF, we literally have 0 A-10 level PGs on the roster, Schwartz is supposed to be catch and shoot and is forced to create his own shot with horrible movement around him because again we don't have a PG, Cooper is streaky as all hell but I love him, and Oduro is a charmin soft big man that can't be bodied or he loses all ability to function. Gaines for 2 years sounds really damn fun to me

I am disappointed in CKE for something tonight though. For not getting ejected after the phantom flagrant foul call on Gaines that clearly did not touch the ODU flopper. I would have been fired after watching that replay and seeing them double down on a horseshit call.

He played a walk on over half of your savior's Otis Frazier. Could it be because he is not good at basketball? No can't be even though half of you are boosting him up after 2.5 good games (one being a garbage time flurry of scoring). Again, this is on you for being unrealistic.

I will continue to donate and support CKE as he gets D1 players filled on the roster. DP's best recruits are shooting 29% from 3 and avg 5 and 5 on a REALLY bad ACC team. Is that your hero?

TLDR: It is game 9 with a shitty roster and you LOSERS are whining.

ESPN+ being shown at Sunrise Senior living for half of our fans is also fascinating to me as well.

"I make a motion to raise student fees by $30 and all of it go to you know where.

30x35,000 = 1,050,000 for you slow guys" -@GSII

Too early for a contract extension?
"Nope." -@GMU79

"Game vs. Maryland looking kinda yummy" -@GSII

"Oops, wasn't deleted. Nevermind me. I'm always old. Sometimes an idiot. No comments necessary. I've got enough detractors on here as it is. " -@gmu79 (absolutely true)

JimP

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Our fanbase is full of mostly idiots. Every single one of you that got your hopes up after Maryland and are now bitchy and whiney about the results and CKE can look in the mirror on who to blame for that. THIS ROSTER SUCKS after the 4th guy. Hartwell should be a 10th man and he is braced into the starting lineup. Blake and Gray should be red shirted and Gadsden should be playing for NOVA CC. Henry is an athletic freak but mostly terrible, and XJ is one of the few PG's who can't actually dribble 75% of the time. I also personally think Polite needs to go to a lower level as well after seeing him hit more backboard than rim for an entire season (he can drive and kick which automatically makes him our 5th best player).

Someone please name for me a really good team that has absolutely nobody on the roster to play PG?

We have a top 75 recruit and a 3 star PG coming in next year and hopefully a lot more after 3/4th's of DP's recruits go play for Maryland Eastern Shore and D2.

Also, the dude who couldn't design a successful inbounds play in 5 years is all of a sudden a coaching savant that couldn't recruit? WTF were you watching after year 1 with DP? He could neither coach or recruit and it's funny some of his biggest detractors are now complimentary (George Pappas ring a bell you dunce?) Bowdoin College picking a damn videographer should be enough evidence. Special Assistant at the worst A10 team of the past 60 years is a good job for that coaching genius

The roster is full of holes: our best interior defender is a damn SF, we literally have 0 A-10 level PGs on the roster, Schwartz is supposed to be catch and shoot and is forced to create his own shot with horrible movement around him because again we don't have a PG, Cooper is streaky as all hell but I love him, and Oduro is a charmin soft big man that can't be bodied or he loses all ability to function. Gaines for 2 years sounds really damn fun to me

I am disappointed in CKE for something tonight though. For not getting ejected after the phantom flagrant foul call on Gaines that clearly did not touch the ODU flopper. I would have been fired after watching that replay and seeing them double down on a horseshit call.

He played a walk on over half of your savior's Otis Frazier. Could it be because he is not good at basketball? No can't be even though half of you are boosting him up after 2.5 good games (one being a garbage time flurry of scoring). Again, this is on you for being unrealistic.

I will continue to donate and support CKE as he gets D1 players filled on the roster. DP's best recruits are shooting 29% from 3 and avg 5 and 5 on a REALLY bad ACC team. Is that your hero?

ESPN+ being shown at Sunrise Senior living for half of our fans is also fascinating to me as well.

"I make a motion to raise student fees by $30 and all of it go to you know where.

"Nope." -@GMU79

"Oops, wasn't deleted. Nevermind me. I'm always old. Sometimes an idiot. No comments necessary. I've got enough detractors on here as it is. " -@gmu79 (absolutely true)
Dude - you thought we weren't any good after 4 games? I call BS.

A lot easier to draw that conclusion after 9 games.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Dude - you thought we weren't any good after 4 games? I call BS.

A lot easier to draw that conclusion after 9 games.
I thought the roster sucked the second CKE took the job and have for the past 4 years while our fanbase was slurping a mouth breather. I have also said we have 4 good players for the entirety of this season. I think I may have said 5 when Mbaye was supposed to come.

Edit* I have been pretty vocal that we haven't had a good point guard since Otis' junior year as well... and most people understand not having a good PG kinda makes most teams shite

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Well, at one point, they were 0-9 from 3 (and they shot over 50% of their total shots from behind the arc 28 of 52 shots). The bench scored 1 whole point the entire game.
Good grief. Yeah it was pretty brutal all around. I don’t know what it is but the open looks have stopped coming. Is mason that easy to scout now? Are the cuts that predictable?

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023

"Nope." -@GMU79

Actually, I kind of enjoy it at "the home."
We whine and drool on our bibs too.

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Worst game in the CKE era. Not much to say that hasn’t been said, we need an actual PG more than water needs to be wet. Anyone who was on the fence about Hartwell should have had their question answered tonight, it doesn’t work. Not sure why we didn’t force the issue with Josh down low on offense in the first and tell him to pass out of doubles because he should have eaten that guys lunch all night. Hartwell shooting 10+ times means we lose 10/10 times.

JimP

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Worst game in the CKE era. Not much to say that hasn’t been said, we need an actual PG more than water needs to be wet. Anyone who was on the fence about Hartwell should have had their question answered tonight, it doesn’t work. Not sure why we didn’t force the issue with Josh down low on offense in the first and tell him to pass out of doubles because he should have eaten that guys lunch all night. Hartwell shooting 10+ times means we lose 10/10 times.
Seems like Mason barely forced it inside during the 1st half.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Seems like Mason barely forced it inside during the 1st half.
I don’t remember if it was half 1 or 2, or even both but every Josh got the ball they usually doubled and he had trouble getting it swung around for an open shot. Definitely something he needs to work on. I didn’t see many open shots tonight at all for mason.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️

Some interesting stuff on there:

1) He sees Hartwell as a shooting guard, not a point guard.
2) "They're trying to take care of the ball, but they're playing slower now." English wants them to speed up.
3) Players switching on defense when they don't have to.
4) Man, English got upset talking about his and Gaines' technical.