Game 7: Old Dominion University, Wednesday, Dec 3rd, 7:30 PM, NO TV

JimP

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Are you seriously questioning a strategic decision by Hewitt?

Not me! Guy knows what he's doing.

Thought GMU played pretty well tonight, but I fail to understand why Hewitt didn't have the team honing in on ODU's three point shooters. We ain't winning at UNI. Next win - D2 Catawba. The Hewitt countdown is on. What's he got - about 23 more games at GMU?

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
You would think if we netted 69 we might have won. There goes the minimal improvement on D, I guess.

Our marginal improvement on D never included guarding shooters on the perimeter, especially ones that are red hot.

Also 1-6 and 4-14 from Jenkins and Holloway respectively -- it's called share the ball when you are game-planned against fellas.

hoops10

Sixth Man
I guess the word defense is not in their vocabulary. Crap, how many three's did ODU hit, 12?? If Hewiitt isn't among the worst coaches in basketball then I don't know who is. Once again, helter skelter, no set picks, no boxing out.

Maybe PH has figured out that Marco is a dud. Why has it taken so long?

At least Marquis Moorse showed some spunk. Jenkins back to being lost again. What's with this kid.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Guys are playing hard, if not particularly smart.

One would think after a while, we would've adjusted and realized that ODU was willing to settle for 3s, and started running them off the line.

Nah, we'd never do something like that.

Patriotfan49

Starter
Lol Arledge was pressing so hard to have a good game...he was trash.

Couple good performances from Moore and Grey and some good play by Porter and Thompson. But Holloway was a major liability on offense tonight, he was as always chucking up ill advised shots and was out of control and turning it over. Also as usual, when the team needed a coach and a good drawn up play..........there was a disaster.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Also as usual, when the team needed a coach and a good drawn up play..........there was a disaster.

This is spot on, 49.

We've been in our last 3 games with a realistic chance to win in the last 3 minutes.

That's the time a coach really earns his money. But if not for a lucky-a** 75-foot heave, we'd be 0-3 in those games.

Terrible. Just terrible.