Game 7: Old Dominion University, Wednesday, Dec 3rd, 7:30 PM, NO TV

Washingtonian

Hall of Famer

Patriotfan49

Starter
We all knew vcu took off and became a much stronger program, but now look at ODU and how well they are playing now too......

Hopefully we can kick out Hewitt and make a similar turnaround to get on the right track again.

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
For God sake - we should all root for beating down Ol Dirty U. Good grief people - it is one thing to have resignation during the game - but before. f**k them - f**k them all - They are tiny university on the edge of Norfolk railroad tracks - we can beat them. And beat them like the red headed step child that dropped a dish in the kitchen.

The George Mason University - 68
Ol Dirty - 63

Bricker

Starter
Mason 71
ODU 70

We're down by 9 with 31 seconds to play. You know the rest. Oh, and our boys crack 70 points for the first time this season (highest point total so far is 65 in the WVA loss).

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Mason 71
ODU 70

We're down by 9 with 31 seconds to play. You know the rest. Oh, and our boys crack 70 points for the first time this season (highest point total so far is 65 in the WVA loss).

Does Jeff Jones employe a zone defense? Because if so, I don't see cracking 70.

Five Two

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Unfortunately, we've never been able to take advantage of any "momentum" under Hewitt. We lose by 10+

BTW, I hope we sign an extension on this home-and-home. I'd prefer playing them, JMU and W&M (assuming they want to play us) than playing Wright St, N Iowa, etc.

OP
Washingtonian

Washingtonian

Hall of Famer
Unfortunately, we've never been able to take advantage of any "momentum" under Hewitt. We lose by 10+

BTW, I hope we sign an extension on this home-and-home. I'd prefer playing them, JMU and W&M (assuming they want to play us) than playing Wright St, N Iowa, etc.

Northern Iowa is a 4 year deal I believe.

JMU should have been on the schedule the day Mason went to the A-10.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️

I would rather we look to schedule UVA and Tech more often, honestly. Now that the ACC has lost their D.C. market team, maybe they would be more amenable to scheduling us every few years.

The rivalry with JMU has already been blown up, but I wouldn't mind trying to keep ODU on the schedule who appears to be positioned for a return to their former strong selves after the disastrous end to Blaine Taylor's career.

As for the other Virginia schools, there are so many opportunities along the I-95 corridor that I don't know why we'd limit ourselves in the OOC to playing a whole bunch of Virginia schools.

phoenix-arizona

All-American
I had this one marked down as an L, and I am not sure I have seen enough from GMU to change my mind on it.

ODU is likely to become a quality program soon so let's schedule them as often as possible.

P

PoorManProfit

Spectator
ODU could be susceptible to a let down after beating a quality team on Saturday and facing a low caliber one in G Mas. However, ODU still wins.

Harry

Starter
How did ODU go from being terrible to being good? Jeff Jones? His sense of character is up there (down there?) with Bobby Petrino. Usually bad guys get their karma at the end. Has Jones reformed now that he has been released from the purgatory of AU?

MasonJar

Walk-On
With both of our histories, not necessarily the last 2 or 3 years, neither of us would be an RPI killer for the other. And we are only 3 hours apart.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
It just seems odd to me that, since joining the A10, no men's basketball games have been scheduled vs. CAA schools.

Could be politics at play here. Other than ODU (when they were still in the CAA), the only other CAA school vcu has played since leaving is Northeastern.

psyclone

Hall of Famer
ODU could be susceptible to a let down after beating a quality team on Saturday and facing a low caliber one in G Mas. However, ODU still wins.

Bacote went nuts (8-8 fg including 4-4 from 3) against vcu. He was 1-19 in his previous games. http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=400591110

Let's hope he regresses to the mean against us.

ODU's interior defense did look good in that game--Ross blocks a lot of shots so I wouldn't expect Shevon to have a big game.

psyclone

Hall of Famer
Sagarin/rpiforecast has us 8 pt underdogs to ODU. According to that site, we'll be favorites only twice more this season--home games vs Fordham and St. Louis, both of whom are ranked below us.