Game 7: Old Dominion University, Wednesday, Dec 3rd, 7:30 PM, NO TV

TweederGMU

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
F Arledge. I want someone to put a body on him and hard foul his soft a** as soon as he goes up for a lay-up. Hit him hard and send a message! We need to quit being pussies under the rim and start playing some hard-nosed ball. Hopefully this buzzer beater win will ignite a fire under these players asses and start showing some passion and hustle on the court. Holloway will make it rain and Moore will drive the lane all day. LETS f**kING GO

Goodguys 68
Blaine Taylor's Drinking Buddies 61

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
The Patriot Center has been a house of horrors for ODU over the years. During the Larranaga era, even their best teams almost always walked out after sustaining a serious a**-whipping.

I'm pretty sure they're much better overall than we are this season -- who isn't? -- but if our guys have any pride they'll throw a ton of effort into defending home court against a former hated rival.

Hopefully we can keep it close and win it at the end.

mason2k1

Starter
from their mb

RE: Game #7: George Mason University
Where do the Mason fans have their chat boards now? A quick google search found nothing.

(Today 07:31 PM)ODUChm Wrote:
Im assuming its this: http://masonhoops.com/board/

What a sorry thread! GMU mbb really has taken a nosedive, apparently far worse than what we experienced.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
from their mb

Where do the Mason fans have their chat boards now? A quick google search found nothing.

(Today 07:31 PM)ODUChm Wrote:
Im assuming its this: http://masonhoops.com/board/

What a sorry thread! GMU mbb really has taken a nosedive, apparently far worse than what we experienced.

Well, Blaine Taylor's demise was rather sudden and unexpected and he was let go immediately. We are in year four of a slow, painful decline -- death by a 1,000 paper cuts.

Although, I have to say, I'm not sure what is worse: having a long-term winningest coach in your history walk out the door for greener pastures, or having a long-term winningest coach in in your history be shown the door because of a drinking problem.

Our highs have been much higher than their highs, and our current low is still much higher than their recent low.

They have chosen to run with football with basketball as an afterthought. They will never again be where they were under Blaine, simple as that.

But we'll be back.

MasonFanatic

Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Could be politics at play here. Other than ODU (when they were still in the CAA), the only other CAA school vcu has played since leaving is Northeastern.
And vcu would have played us OOC last season, had we stayed in the CAA. When we joined the A10, they tore up the 4 year deal before it had even started.

Herndon

All-Conference
Our highs have been much higher than their highs, and our current low is still much higher than their recent low.

They have chosen to run with football with basketball as an afterthought. They will never again be where they were under Blaine, simple as that.

But we'll be back.

I hve a ton of respect for Jones (as a coach). I think they'll be pretty good under him.

Pablo

Hall of Famer
And vcu would have played us OOC last season, had we stayed in the CAA. When we joined the A10, they tore up the 4 year deal before it had even started.

But, the issue that I raised is why no Mason men's basketball games have been scheduled with CAA schools since Mason joined the A10? Surely, you would agree it's odd that Mason is not playing at least 1 CAA school (particularly JMU, W&M, or Towson)?

But, the issue that I raised is why no Mason men's basketball games have been scheduled with CAA schools since Mason joined the A10? Surely, you would agree it's odd that Mason is not playing at least 1 CAA school (particularly JMU, W&M, or Towson)?

JMU had no interest in playing us.
We, I believe, did not reach out to Towson.
No idea on WM.

GMUSig03

All-Conference
I don't think I will expect us to win going into a single game this year, outside of the Catawba game. Hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised a couple times, or maybe we can actually win homecoming!