Game 5: GMU (4-0) at JMU (3-0) on Friday, November 19, at 7PM.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I read you can stream the game on fubo which has a free trial period.

Thanks - although I think this might be location specific so it would only apply to those in DC. Someone can correct me if I am wrong though

Leesburg Chankenstank III

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
-Having beaten all opponents by an average of 20+ Including a top 25 team and the line from Vegas is basically a pick em’ game.

This could be just the thing the team needs as motivation. Blessing in disguise.

Although this team so far seems to be too individually experienced to fall for any of those traps anyway. Cooper, a sr. played last year and won in the tournament. Schwartz has been playing on national TV for 3 years, and Gaines played in the SEC.

This is a very experienced team and for once I’m not saying “we’ll, maybe next year”. Mason’s time is NOW! THIS is our year.

variaban

Walk-On
Seems like a good group of folks on their boards. No trash talking like vcu or Maryland 'people' and I use that word very loosely. I definitely will be rooting for a large margin of victory for our boys against JMU tonight but hope JMU smashes the rest of their opponents this season too. Will be a nice kiss my as$ to the CAA for not letting their students compete for championships.

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
This is a tougher game to call because a lot of outside factors could affect the outcome (travel, letdown, distractions), but I still took Mason -2. I’m going to ride them until they show me otherwise.
If I can go back in time I still take the 5-game parlay.

But yeah, this one has me worried a bit. Would be one giant step forward after the Terps win and two small steps back w/a loss to the Dukes.

dr. gunnie

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks - although I think this might be location specific so it would only apply to those in DC. Someone can correct me if I am wrong though
I just went to the link and "accidently" entered my old VA zip code by mistake - now for my list of channels is does show me NBC Sports Washington+.

I haven't followed through to see if it actually works yet, but there is hope... although you have to put your payment info in so I don't know what it will say when my payment info is from Illinois.

dr. gunnie

Administrator
Staff member
I haven't followed through to see if it actually works yet, but there is hope... although you have to put your payment info in so I don't know what it will say when my payment info is from Illinois.

So I went ahead and did it - it shows my local channels as my Illinois channels but it does let me watch the replay of the Wizards game right now that is on NBC Sports Washington, so I think it will work.

Thanks for the heads up @Walter

EXpatriot13

All-Conference
GIVING DAY 2023
So I went ahead and did it - it shows my local channels as my Illinois channels but it does let me watch the replay of the Wizards game right now that is on NBC Sports Washington, so I think it will work.

Thanks for the heads up @Walter
Confirming this worked for me as well, in the NY area. I'm able to select NBC Sports Washington+ from the list of available channels.

Beat JMU.

variaban

Walk-On
WOW. Probably doesn’t mean much but 66% likely that JMU wins? Understand JMU is 3-0 but damn! Getting no respect for our performance so far. Hope the team sees this.

F ESPN. No respect for us or for the conference. They have us as a 1 bid league in their latest bracketology.

AS$wipes. Really hoping conference does some major damage from here on out to send in the Patriots, Bonnies, Rhode Island and one other team into the tournament.

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR

MasonSAE4

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
WOW. Probably doesn’t mean much but 66% likely that JMU wins? Understand JMU is 3-0 but damn! Getting no respect for our performance so far. Hope the team sees this.

Pretty sure it's just a rudimentary algorithm that just factors in record and homecourt. I doubt anyone looks at it before it's published. I wouldn't take it as a slight.