Game 5: GMU (4-0) at JMU (3-0) on Friday, November 19, at 7PM.

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
I know that there is no love for the Terps on these boards, but our win over them will look better if they are doing well. Otherwise, it'll just look like a fluke win by us early in the season more due to their poor play than a big win over a strong team that is doing well in the Big 10.

Agreed but dude can you wait a couple of days so I can marinate in my glorious hate and schadenfreude??

Live has so few true pleasures as it is.

psyclone

Hall of Famer
Maryland no longer in the Top 25.

We put some stank on them.

ttps://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/college-basketball-rankings-maryland-falls-out-of-top-25-and-1-after-upset-loss-to-george-mason/[/URL]

Further down in that article, after listing the new rankings, they talk about mostly upsets of Power 5 schools and what it says about the teams:

"If you want to panic about No. 20 Maryland losing at home to George Mason on Wednesday night or No. 12 Oregon getting blown off the court by BYU on Tuesday, go ahead. But the Patriots are going to be a force in the Atlantic 10 under first-year coach Kim English. ......."

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Further down in that article, after listing the new rankings, they talk about mostly upsets of Power 5 schools and what it says about the teams:

"If you want to panic about No. 20 Maryland losing at home to George Mason on Wednesday night or No. 12 Oregon getting blown off the court by BYU on Tuesday, go ahead. But the Patriots are going to be a force in the Atlantic 10 under first-year coach Kim English. ......."
Yeah, baby!

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I know that there is no love for the Terps on these boards, but our win over them will look better if they are doing well. Otherwise, it'll just look like a fluke win by us early in the season more due to their poor play than a big win over a strong team that is doing well in the Big 10.

Well. If we go 31-0 it won’t matter what UMD does…

GMUSSTN

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
Well. If we go 31-0 it won’t matter what UMD does…

I present my wisdom from /r/collegebasketball:

1637278938120.png

patriot2000

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
They are good, we are on the road, we are seem as potentially tired and "hung over. " I'd take that line before it goes up

dr. gunnie

Administrator
Staff member
This is a tougher game to call because a lot of outside factors could affect the outcome (travel, letdown, distractions), but I still took Mason -2. I’m going to ride them until they show me otherwise.

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
This is a tougher game to call because a lot of outside factors could affect the outcome (travel, letdown, distractions), but I still took Mason -2. I’m going to ride them until they show me otherwise.

I do expect this to be a lot closer than previous games with similar talent level. I see a 6-8 point win. But a win nonetheless.