Game 4: GMU (3-0) at Jacksonville Classic vs Charlotte (2-1) on Sunday, November 19, at 5:30 PM.

OP
Patriotsince81

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Well disappointing on all levels. We should have won handily. I've alerted the Mason hotel maid staff to check the rooms because we collectively soiled the sheets tonight. ;) Hoping for a better result tomorrow. 0-7 in Pre-Thanksgiving tournaments over the past 3 years.

TweederGMU

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Well disappointing on all levels. We should have won handily. I've alerted the Mason hotel maid staff to check the rooms because we collectively soiled the sheets tonight. ;) Hoping for a better result tomorrow. 0-7 in Pre-Thanksgiving tournaments over the past 3 years.
Proves my point. Lets stop playing these freaking games. No business losing to this team

EXpatriot13

All-Conference
GIVING DAY 2023
We probably win that game somewhat comfortably with just a C performance (what we’ve been getting so far) from Polite. Incredibly disappointing play by our senior PG, who clearly isn’t right or settled into this year’s team yet.

Last edited:

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
We probably win that game somewhat comfortably with just a C performance from Polite. Incredibly disappointing play by our senior PG, who clearly isn’t right or settled into this year’s team yet.
What's wrong with him? Yet again. Sick? Always something.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
We can blame the crappy tournament, the cesspool of a city, the God-awful gym and the whistle-happy refs, but the bottom line is their size gave us fits and is the reason we lost this game. We couldn't drive and score in the lane — even Hall who thrives on that — and our bigs were rendered useless.

When you're reduced to being a perimeter team and perimeter shooting is your Achille's Heel — aside from Hall, Maddox and Polite on occasion — then outcomes like tonight are inevitable. Ugly, ugly, ugly.

Last edited:

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
This place is probably worse than Lasalle and thats saying something
There is no probably about it. Much worse than LaSalle. Worse than USVI. If my memory serves me correctly, this is the worst college gym I have ever seen Mason play in. It is worse than my high school gym.

Many of the issues with streaming were because of the gym. Bill couldn’t even do his broadcast because they couldn’t provide him an internet connection. I am surprised they could even do reviews via replay. I suspect they were just faking that.

JimP

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
We can blame the crappy tournament, the cesspool of a city, the God-awful gym and the whistle-happy refs, but the bottom line is their size gave us fits and is the reason we lost this game. We couldn't drive and score in the lane — even Hall who thrives on that — and our bigs were rendered useless.

When you're reduced to being a perimeter team and perimeter shooting is your Achille's Heel — aside from Hall, Maddox and Polite on occasion — then outcomes like tonight are inevitable. Ugly, ugly, ugly.
Some of our drives to the basket were very ill-advised.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Really disappointed with tonight's outcome. Like @gmutom said we can blame 100 other elements but at the end of the day the performance was just bad on the court.

How can we continue to give starter minutes to Billups and Polite if they dont score, they had 1 point between the two of them tonight. Okojie also struggled but he also is a freshman. Looks like Ronny/Baraka each played about equal minutes tonight.

I was hopeful that Mason could pull a game like this out, get a top 100 NET win and continue to build towards having value for NEXT YEAR with a top 100 NET and getting into a better MTE. However, once again, coming up short in a game like this doesn't help. So frustrating.

It seemed like we couldn't get into any offensive rhythm at all. We kept playing defense but nothing was going offensively. The last play when Mason had a chance to tie, Kelly had a good look in the paint but launched a missile at the rim.

Whatever, can't win them all. If anyone wants to look at the box score from this debacle: https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/boxscore/_/gameId/401601479