Game 29: AT Saint Louis University, Saturday, March 2nd, 3 PM ET/2 PM CT, NBCSN

Washingtonian

Hall of Famer
Saint Louis comes into this game with a 17-11 record, 13-2 at home, and 8-7 in the A-10 after losing to vcu on Tuesday night by a score of 71-65.

The roster is here: http://www.slubillikens.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=27200&SPID=93215&SPSID=632633&DB_OEM_ID=27200

The schedule is here: http://www.slubillikens.com/SportSelect.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=27200&SPID=93215&SPSID=632626

The stats are here: http://www.slubillikens.com/fls/27200/MBB/201819/stats/SLUMBB1819Stats.pdf?DB_OEM_ID=27200

Last season's box score from the game in Fairfax (Mason won 86-81) is here: https://gomason.com/boxscore.aspx?id=8281&path=mbball

Javon Bess is averaging 15.5 PPG/6.8 RPG (Got 17 points and 8 rebounds in last season's game), Tramaine Isabell Jr is averaging 12.0 PPG, Jordan Goodwin is averaging 10.1 PPG/7.0 RPG (got 9 points and 9 rebounds in last season's game), and Hasahn French is averaging 8.5 RPG (got 8 points and 5 rebounds in last season's game).

The message board for St. Louis is here: https://www.billikens.com/forum/index.php?/forum/101-billikenscom-main-board/

Discuss.

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Who knows with this team? So, I'll go out on a limb and say that we either win or lose! I know, it's a gamble to make such a bold statement. It will depend on which Mason team shows up.

GMUSig03

All-Conference
Hopefully last night's solid all around performance is an indication this team is back on the right track. With St. Louis being a large/physical team that is pretty bad from 3, perfect time for the return of Ian and Calixte.

I believe our 3pt shooting will determine the game. Shoot around 30-35% and we likely win, slightly better and we win solidly.

Wonder if Greene will D up Bess or someone else since Bess is 6'6 and 220.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I don't see us winning b/c slu is big and physical much like vcpoo. not as athletic and not well coached. Size and girth alone might be enough to beat us. not liking this match up.

Jack Strop

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Maybe SLU takes a wrong turn on the way to Chaifetz Arena, prolonging their short trip, and left wondering if they're playing a road game? It could happen.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I don't see us winning b/c slu is big and physical much like vcpoo. not as athletic and not well coached. Size and girth alone might be enough to beat us. not liking this match up.

Dayton is big and athletic. I think we double the post and use all of AJ’s fouls and make them beat us on the line. That’s what I say.

GMUSig03

All-Conference
Dayton is big and athletic. I think we double the post and use all of AJ’s fouls and make them beat us on the line. That’s what I say.

Agreed - put Calixte/Reuter on French one on one, and once he starts his offense have Miller or AJ come flying in from weakside.

Five Two

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I'm thinking of dressing in royal blue, and if it's close game, throwing something on the court to try and get SLU a technical.

I'm not sure why it isn't attempted more.
I've wondered this as well. It would be way too late for the official to know the true rooting interest of the culprit.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I've wondered this as well. It would be way too late for the official to know the true rooting interest of the culprit.

Exactly. I'm pretty sure the statute of limitations expired long ago for the hog dog I threw at the JMU game in Harrisonburg?

(Now that I think of it, what is the penal code for throwing a hog dog, and is that in itself redundant?)

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023

Solid strategy. SLU is terrible from the stripe and French is the worst offender. We should adopt a no layups strategy, force them to take jump shots and send them to the line if they get the ball near the rim.

patriot2000

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
They're too good at home for a team that's mostly underperformed. I wish we had a hone court advantage!

Obviously a winnable game, but who the hell knows

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

dr. gunnie

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks to Coach Fischer’s annual family reunion in St Louis today, my seats are much further away today from the court and I will not be able to throw anything on the floor to earn SLU a technical.

So, if it’s a one possession game at the end and we lose, it all Coach Fischer’s fault - and all his cousins, aunts, nephews, grandparents...

;)

But seriously, we are heading out in a few hours for a day of shopping in St Louis before we grab lunch and head to the game. IT’S A BIG ONE TODAY! LET’S GO!

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Dammit, I want to keep hope alive for a 13-5 finish alive for at least a few more days. Let’s go boys!!!

Bess and French really concern me, though.