Game 27: Richmond, Feb 26th, 7 PM, MASN

Scythe

Starter
We really took advantage of how cold and non-existent Richmond's offense was in the first half. Built up a big enough lead to thwart their comeback attempt in the second half.
Honestly I was expecting to give it all up too. Nice win for once

GMURaider

Sixth Man
I am proud of our team, the students that showed up on a weeknight, Doc Nix and our coaching staff.

We did not fold. Our young guys like Marquise and Jalen are gaining valuable experience.

I don't care if you think I'm nuts. I think we bounce back next year and make the NIT...

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
I am proud of our team, the students that showed up on a weeknight, Doc Nix and our coaching staff.

We did not fold. Our young guys like Marquise and Jalen are gaining valuable experience.

I don't care if you think I'm nuts. I think we bounce back next year and make the NIT...

Who cares about the NIT? Seriously, if that's our ceiling for next season, isn't that fairly telling?

polepino

Starter

I don't think you're nuts. Hewitt's recruits seem to have stolen playing time from some of the older players and he now plays them heavily in rotation(Moore, Jenkins, Holloway(I know there's debate on him but I consider him more of a Hewitt recruit)). I can see him winning more with more of 'his' players as well.

GMURaider

Sixth Man
GMUJIM92:

I'm using that as the metric because asking for the NCAA seems like a lot from a young team.

I want to see some progress I can point to as evidence that we are moving in a positive direction.

I want our program to consistently make the NCAA or the NIT. The 2009 team was a good team in my opinion.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
So if we don't make the NIT next season with four freshmen and two sophomores in the rotation, does Hewitt still get his fifth season?

Sadly, I think the answer is yes. I think he's given himself a built-in excuse by going so young ... can just see it now, all the posts about waiting til all the young guys mature, then we're gonna be NCAA bound.

EXpatriot13

All-Conference
GIVING DAY 2023
So if we don't make the NIT next season with four freshmen and two sophomores in the rotation, does Hewitt still get his fifth season?

Sadly, I think the answer is yes. I think he's given himself a built-in excuse by going so young ... can just see it now, all the posts about waiting til all the young guys mature, then we're gonna be NCAA bound.

And then the young guys mature and fall flat on their faces. To say we're going to make the NIT next season with such a young team is quite a stretch. We made the damn CBI last season and only have 10 wins at this point this season.

Hewitt needs to go. Whether it's after this season or next (barring a massive, highly unlikely turnaround season). Unfortunately, I think he'll stick around regardless. Like Jim said, everyone will blame losses on us being a young, inexperienced team.

EXpatriot13

All-Conference
GIVING DAY 2023
It was a nice win tonight..we did some nice things, especially in the first half and didn't allow Richmond to fully make the comeback in the second half.

It's just annoying that some have to start talking NIT and "believing in Hewitt" after one win.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
It was a nice win tonight..we did some nice things, especially in the first half and didn't allow Richmond to fully make the comeback in the second half.

It's just annoying that some have to start talking NIT and "believing in Hewitt" after one win.

I don't know why you guys let that Raider guy get under your skin. Tonight's win did nothing to preserve Hewitt's job if it was in jeopardy, nor does it mean we are an NIT team next year (we are not).

It would just be nice to enjoy the victory and the prospect that we popped UR's bubble without all of the posturing on either side. It was one win. Nothing more, nothing less. Let's embrace it.

KAOriginal

All-American
The key to Hewitt is the AD. If TOC is gone, the new AD will pretty much be ready to fire Hewitt next year unless lightening strikes and somehow we make a deep run in the NCAA where it would look silly to get rid of him.

Otherwise the "New AD" will want his his guy....based on what has already been done.

P

PoorManProfit

Spectator
Attendance = 4,011
Does G Mas just use that number regardless of the amount of people in the place?
How many, for anyone that was actually there, did there actually appear to be at PC tonight? 3K?