Game 25: GMU (16-8 / 5-6) vs GW (14-9 / 3-7) on Tuesday, February 13, at 7:00 PM.

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Gosh am I allowed to say Colonials in this thread or would that be like misgendering someone? Anyway, I hope everybody has a good time tonight and I hope the visiting fans don't make fun of our new 90% acceptance rate.

If there are visiting fans on a Tuesday, I suppose! I hope there can be productive discussions on the Israel-Palestinian conflict if there are because I have a lot of Jewish friends that went to GW and a lot of Arab friends that went to GMU and GMU Prince William and GMU Dubai.

Can our media like By George please do their jobs and try and get some dirt from Caputo on Larranaga?

Thanks in advance
They will always be the Colonials to me.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Don’t rip my head off for not being in the loop on this one… I haven’t lived in the dc area in almost a decade. Did we attempt to send some of the Mason Maniaks to the @ GW game or have they attempted road trips? I realize Brooklyn is a big ask for college kids BUT maybe the athletic department should put that big screen up in the Johnson center and put our conference tournament game or games on….
Don't think they do anything formal anymore for students. Haven't for many years. But I could be wrong.

Pablo

Hall of Famer

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023

George Mason
George Mason
PATRIOTS
(3)
PlayerPOSStatus
D. MaddoxGQues Tues - Ankle
( Sat, Feb 10)
J. HaynesFout for season - Redshirt
( Wed, Jan 31)
D. DinkinsGOut indefinitely - Back
( Mon, Nov 6)
George Washington
George Washington
REVOLUTIONARIES
(0)
PlayerPOSStatus
No injuries to report.
Extra tough if Darius doesn't play.
And of course, GW has everyone healthy. :mad:

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
My guess is that Tony responded to Rothstein-bot's "Good luck today", and thus told him Darius Maddox will be available top play.

It sounds like Buchanan will play as well which sucks, unless they are just not sharing info.

Pablo

Hall of Famer

"However, the biggest story coming out of the game is redshirt freshman forward Darren Buchanan Jr., who appeared to pick up multiple knocks throughout the game before finally subbing out for good with 14 minutes left in the second half with what Caputo later confirmed was a groin injury. There is currently no timetable for his return."

"That’s what makes GW’s next game at George Mason on Tuesday so concerning. If Buchanan can’t play or is not at 100%, they’ll need to figure out how to stop sophomore forward Keyshawn Hall if they want to avoid their first seven-game conference losing streak since 2009."

"Most importantly, there’s still a lot to be excited about going forward. Buchanan, Johnson, Hutchinson, Weluche-Ume and freshman guard Trey Autry have three more years of eligibility. Edwards and sophomore wing Benny Schröder have two more years. Incoming class of 2024 guard Ty Bevins looks like he can contribute right away. Buchanan recently sang the praises of freshman guard Christian Jones, who is redshirting this season, on the 3 Bid League podcast, calling him a potential Rookie of the Year candidate for next year."

Last edited:

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023

"However, the biggest story coming out of the game is redshirt freshman forward Darren Buchanan Jr., who appeared to pick up multiple knocks throughout the game before finally subbing out for good with 14 minutes left in the second half with what Caputo later confirmed was a groin injury. There is currently no timetable for his return."

"That’s what makes GW’s next game at George Mason on Tuesday so concerning. If Buchanan can’t play or is not at 100%, they’ll need to figure out how to stop sophomore forward Keyshawn Hall if they want to avoid their first seven-game conference losing streak since 2009."

"Most importantly, there’s still a lot to be excited about going forward. Buchanan, Johnson, Hutchinson, Weluche-Ume and freshman guard Trey Autry have three more years of eligibility. Edwards and sophomore wing Benny Schröder have two more years. Incoming class of 2024 guard Ty Bevins looks like he can contribute right away. Buchanan recently sang the praises of freshman guard Christian Jones, who is redshirting this season, on the 3 Bid League podcast, calling him a potential Rookie of the Year candidate for next year."
Thanks - it sounds like that injury report doesn't get that much up to date information. Have to think Buchanan wont play. Maybe he will dress to play and warmup as a decoy.

psyclone

Hall of Famer
Thanks - it sounds like that injury report doesn't get that much up to date information. Have to think Buchanan wont play. Maybe he will dress to play and warmup as a decoy.
Buchanon's injury looked like a significant muscle pull on tv. In my non-medical opinion, it seemed like more than a 3 day recovery would be needed.

Yea injury reports don't get updated until someone says something public. But groin injury will limit Buchanan even if he does end up playing.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Yea injury reports don't get updated until someone says something public. But groin injury will limit Buchanan even if he does end up playing.
Right- I figured as much. The GW staff probably hasn't said anything to anyone (for good reason) yet.
Buchanon's injury looked like a significant muscle pull on tv. In my non-medical opinion, it seemed like more than a 3 day recovery would be needed.
Interesting- yeah than perhaps thats the key. I mean I'm surprised Tony said that Maddox will play but no reason to decoy I guess.

HoopsAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
patriotsvsrevs2-2final.jpg

GMUSSTN

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
I've skateboarded for years and you can get over a rolled ankle in a day or two...at least I could when I was in my early 20s. These days not so much.

As long as it didn't progress into "sprain" territory you usually just need to lay off it for a little. My guess is it wasn't worth Maddox prolonging his recovery for such a minor injury, combined with going up against and already weak Davidson squad, so they just sat him Saturday out of precaution.

Pablo

Hall of Famer

"James Bishop IV scored 25 points with seven assists on Saturday vs. Loyola Chicago, moving into third place on the GW all-time scoring list with 1,919 career points. He is now just 81 points shy of joining Chris Monroe (1999-03) and Joe Holup (1952-56) as the only players in school history to score 2,000 points while donning the Buff & Blue."

"One of the hallmarks under Coach Caputo has been freshmen and redshirt freshmen getting opportunities to immediately play. Last season, Maximus Edwards was the A-10 Rookie of the Year and led league rookies in minutes played and rebounding while finishing second in scoring.

This year, 51.1% of GW's offense has come from first-years and rookies have played more than half of the team's minutes. GW has received 43 double-digit performances from four different freshmen this season - Darren Buchanan Jr. (20), Garrett Johnson (16), Jacoi Hutchinson (4) and Trey Autry (3) - with at least two rookies in the starting lineup of each of the first 23 games."