Game 24: Richmond, Saturday, February 14th, 4 PM, MASN

Pablo

Hall of Famer
https://richmond.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=1577&tid=178978054&mid=178978054&sid=1099&style=2:

Re: Goo Moo part TooReply

"I gotta be honest, I'm not feeling real good about this one. I put the over/under on Shevon Thompson rebounds at 18.5.

We don't shoot well on the road, and that dude is probably the one guy in the league (along with Lalanne of UMass) most likely to take advantage of Zo being absent.

I hope we run our press again, because they have some ball handling issues.

I also hope TJ doesn't commit a dumb foul in the first 3 minutes of the game."

2/13 5:41 PM | IP: Logged

Pablo

Hall of Famer
https://richmond.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=1577&tid=178978054&mid=178978054&sid=1099&style=2:

Re: Goo Moo part TooReply

"This is a must game for GMU and their coach. Right now, they look to be finishing in the bottom 4. If they are to avoid that, they need this game. It's homecoming, should have a good crowd, and we don't have Alonzo to contest their 7 footer.

Despite their record, this is a game, that could be a tough outing for us, shorthanded as we are. Would hate to see 2 quick fouls on either Terry or TJ."

2/14 11:02 AM | IP: Logged

DeepValue

Starter
TV just showed an assistant coach demonstrating to Shevon how to hold the ball to avoid being stripped. Maybe that could have been taught in practice?

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
If our wings would just be a little patient, they can get the ball in to Shevon every time down the court.

Minus its center, Richmond is guarding him with a soft 6-8 guy in Cline and a 6-5 combo forward in Trey Davis. Their only chances to stop Shevon from scoring are to foul him or hope we don't throw him the ball.

But instead of giving Shevon time to really establish his position, the wings too often take one look at him, then swing the ball back to the top just as he gets open. Frustrating.

Also should be able to get Holloway or Edwards in position for an open 3 when they double on Shevon. God knows we don't have anyone else who can hit a jump shot.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
If our wings would just be a little patient, they can get the ball in to Shevon every time down the court.

Minus its center, Richmond is guarding him with a soft 6-8 guy in Cline and a 6-5 combo forward in Trey Davis. Their only chances to stop Shevon from scoring are to foul him or hope we don't throw him the ball.

But instead of giving Shevon time to really establish his position, the wings too often take one look at him, then swing the ball back to the top just as he gets open. Frustrating.

Also should be able to get Holloway or Edwards in position for an open 3 when they double on Shevon. God knows we don't have anyone else who can hit a jump shot.

This has been happening all 4 years. I guess its b/c we don't have a film room where these frustrating mistakes can be addressed, or we just don't believe in watching film.