Game 24: GMU (13-10 / 5-5) at Loyola Chicago (7-14 / 1-8) on Saturday, February 4, at 2:30 PM.

rf1

Four-star Recruit
Just saw Mason #8 out of 15 in home attendance.
vcu #2, UR #4

The top 5 A-10 average attendance teams have basically been the same for most of the last decade and that will not change this season with just a few games left 1-Dayton (by 6K over next team), 2-vcu, 3-SLU, 4-UR, and 5-URI. UMass and SBU are currently battling it out for #6 some 1.5k behind #5. This is the best attendance for UMass in several seasons. GMU is a few hundred behind them at #8 with an average of 3,325. It is just ahead of Davidson at 3,267.

masonhoops1984

Role Player
We are going to the final four, that's the bottom four. This team is woefully short on talent.
The sad part is they are not short on talent. It's short on Basketball IQ, no one on Loyola is talented. There's a team with an insane lack of talent, however when Mason continues to be one of the dumbest teams in the country it really doesn't matter how talented you are. Loyola fouled every single play, they knew they didn't have the talent to win and knew mason is awful at foul shots. Mason had zero adjustments and continues with sloppy turnovers and insanely bad decision making. I don't see mason winning more than 1-2 more games the rest of the way because their in game decision making is pathetic. Polite was awful and without a pg you won't win! It's not a complicated matter, get good play from PG and win, get bad PG play with poor decision making and no control of the game and you will never win.

DRK331

Starter
I knew this would be a tough game for 3 reasons:

1. Loyola Chicago wants revenge for the last time we played them
2. They are on their home court
3. Every single team in this league is really good. There is no easy wins. Each game in conference play is going to be a war. Each win is going to have to be earned

Also, I think we missed a bunch of shots today that we normally make.

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Bad basketball. Poor basketball IQ decisions tip to buzzer. Puzzling substitution patterns. No dude who just wants to take over the game. Malik might have been that guy but they started going offense/defense with him and Blake for the last 7 minutes of the game. Not happy with this.
Poor baby.

The top 5 A-10 average attendance teams have basically been the same for most of the last decade and that will not change this season with just a few games left 1-Dayton (by 6K over next team), 2-vcu, 3-SLU, 4-UR, and 5-URI. UMass and SBU are currently battling it out for #6 some 1.5k behind #5. This is the best attendance for UMass in several seasons. GMU is a few hundred behind them at #8 with an average of 3,325. It is just ahead of Davidson at 3,267.
I know.

But we were really close…Solid moral victory against a tough 7-14 team…Good lord, talk about loser talk.
I'm sure the whole team is celebrating that moral victory right now.

Patriot Lawdog

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I knew this would be a tough game for 3 reasons:

1. Loyola Chicago wants revenge for the last time we played them
2. They are on their home court
3. Every single team in this league is really good. There is no easy wins. Each game in conference play is going to be a war. Each win is going to have to be earned

Also, I think we missed a bunch of shots today that we normally make.
But we were really close…Solid moral victory against a tough 7-14 team…Good lord, talk about loser talk.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
@GMU79 can you learn how to multiqioute please. I’m going to merge your posts together but it’s a good thing.

Also don’t be a dick. I know you like to be leading the parade after losses but be cool.

Who said moral victory? Did I miss something?

Patriot Lawdog

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I was referring to laundry list of excuses for losing to a dreadful team in that post. Seems he expected us to lose…If that’s where we are…Goodness

FreeGunston12

All-American
3. Every single team in this league is really good. There is no easy wins. Each game in conference play is going to be a war. Each win is going to have to be earned.
Really? Very few teams (if any) in this conference are "really good". Loyola is the worst. We are just that bad. I feel like I've been watching a totally different season unfold then those "road to the top 4" people.

BBride

Sixth Man
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
The few Mason fans who post on Twitter are pissed off. I think this team is another one and done in the A10T. I want to believe in Coach English and staff but damn it‘s getting harder to watch this team just continue to play dumb basketball game after game. I‘m not in as long as a lot of you are following this team but I’ve snapped photos for ten seasons and just want to see a Mason team hang a banner once.

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
@GMU79 can you learn how to multiqioute please. I’m going to merge your posts together but it’s a good thing.

Also don’t be a dick. I know you like to be leading the parade after losses but be cool.

Patriot Lawdog said it. If I misread his post or his intent, my apologies.

OP
Patriotsince81

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
"This was not our best game," head coach Kim English said. "I thought Loyola played really hard. We battled back to make it a game and had some opportunities to take over the game. We didn't. A bounce of the ball or blow of the whistle went in a different direction. We'll watch it, learn from it and see how we can keep getting better."

Patriot Lawdog

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
"This was not our best game," head coach Kim English said. "I thought Loyola played really hard. We battled back to make it a game and had some opportunities to take over the game. We didn't. A bounce of the ball or blow of the whistle went in a different direction. We'll watch it, learn from it and see how we can keep getting better."
Rinse and repeat.

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023

Don't know how to multi-quote either. Again, my apologies. Sometimes I foul things up. Not on purpose, I assure you.
Look, you and whoever else is in charge of this site deserve tons of credit. I learn a lot here, and it keeps me in the know. You guys have a tough job.
But I will not be told to gfm, or other similar things without defending myself.
My opinion is as valid as anyone else's...even if it is dead wrong and coming from "a puritan old puss on an oxygen tank" that tblack33 wishes were dead.