Game 24: GMU (13-10 / 5-5) at Loyola Chicago (7-14 / 1-8) on Saturday, February 4, at 2:30 PM.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
It's a major problem when we can't see what we are trying to do on either side of the ball. That gives me great pause in believing if KE can succeed here.

Verdad

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
And this team is what it is, and what they have been all year= not a good team.

Go look at the schedule - not a single win where you can say that team played well beginning to end.

There have been glimpses, but thats it.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023

Go look at the schedule - not a single win where you can say that team played well beginning to end.

Coppin State

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023

Throw in our losses, and whatever is causing this is either, imo....

a) players do limited things well

Or

b) our system limits what players can do well.

c)???

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Please...their legs were fried from the OT game they had 2 night before. But sure, you are correct.
The prior post suggested we don’t have a single win where we played well from beginning to end.

That’s all I was responding to.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023

Towards the end of the nonconf into the beginning of January they definitely played better ball and closer to 30 or 35 minutes of good basketball.
Please...their legs were fried from the OT game they had 2 night before. But sure, you are correct.
You aren’t wrong but you’d find an out for any team. I come in peace but you and I both know that you’d find it. I know the competition wasn’t great but that was beginning to end the best effort of the year.
It’s fine if you are more of a Starbucks guy.

However, I love Dinkins. He has attitude, is aggressive and can shoot. I am optimistic about his future as our starting pg - just want to see him be more of a distributor.
I too love Dinkins, just don’t know if he will pan out. Hoping he’s more of a Gilyard than a Hartwell. I too believe that he will need help.

Verdad

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Coppin State
That is essentially what my point is - there is maybe one game we can cite, and it was against #343 CSU, at home.

This is a bad team - no way around it.

When we improved after the Paradise Jam complete debacle, there was hope (which prompted the path to the top 4 thread). Now I see no reason for any expectation that THIS team is capable of turning a corner the rest of the year.

In no way am I writing off CKE, only referring to this season and the collective group of current players.

That is essentially what my point is - there is maybe one game we can cite, and it was against #343 CSU, at home.

This is a bad team - no way around it.

When we improved after the Paradise Jam complete debacle, there was hope (which prompted the path to the top 4 thread). Now I see no reason for any expectation that THIS team is capable of turning a corner the rest of the year.

In no way am I writing off CKE, only referring to this season and the collective group of current players.
At some point the players gotta execute/make their damn shots. Again I will hit that our defense is actually really not all that bad, our guards just stink at D and we don't have Ticket to lock down certain players.

Lack of tactical changes is concerning on the coaching side, but a good chunk of our losses comes down to player mentality/execution imo

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
At some point the players gotta execute/make their damn shots. Again I will hit that our defense is actually really not all that bad, our guards just stink at D and we don't have Ticket to lock down certain players.

Lack of tactical changes is concerning on the coaching side, but a good chunk of our losses comes down to player mentality/execution imo
It was especially glaring against Loyola. The offense generated at least a dozen opportunities to score at or around the rim that our guys weren’t strong enough to finish. All the staff can do is put the players in position to be successful, they ultimately have to play through contact and put the ball in the basket.

Verdad

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
It was especially glaring against Loyola. The offense generated at least a dozen opportunities to score at or around the rim that our guys weren’t strong enough to finish. All the staff can do is put the players in position to be successful, they ultimately have to play through contact and put the ball in the basket.
Most specific example I've seen was against either SJU or UMass. Close game in last minute or two, we had ball, CKE called TO and drew up a play. Oduro was wide open but Ronnie threw a chest pass to him instead of lob over the shoulder and pass was intercepted.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Most specific example I've seen was against either SJU or UMass. Close game in last minute or two, we had ball, CKE called TO and drew up a play. Oduro was wide open but Ronnie threw a chest pass to him instead of lob over the shoulder and pass was intercepted.
Yep a better pass and it’s dunk city. Great play call horribly executed.

Yea that was Joe's, pretty sure HCKE mentioned that in that Presser and was pretty unhappy about it.