Game 23: #24 Ranked - University of Dayton, Saturday, Feb 6th, 6 PM, MASN

Washingtonian

Hall of Famer
Dayton comes into this game with a 18-3 record/8-1 in the A-10. They beat La Salle on Saturday by a score of 59-44.

The schedule is here: http://www.daytonflyers.com/schedule.aspx?path=mbball

The stats are here: http://www.daytonflyers.com/cumestats.aspx?path=mbball&

Charles Cooke averages 15.7 PPG/6.3 RPG, Dyshawn Pierre (in 10 games) averages 13.7 PPG/7.4 RPG Kendall Pollard averages 11.2 PPG/5.2 RPG, and Steve McElevene avearges 6.6 RPG.

Dayton averages 68.2% from the free throw line.

Discuss.

Steve33

Sixth Man
im excited for this game. After the GW performance and last nights win at Richmond, this team has to be full of confidence that they can play with and be in any game. Just need to protect the ball more and close out games better. Im sure DP will emphasize that over the next couple days at practice. Focus for 40 minutes and this game could be really fun. GO MASON

MasonCrew

Starter
Really upset I have to miss this game. I'm loving how the team is playing right now. Keep it up boys...

TweederGMU

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
We have not beaten Dayton in a while. However, the 3's will be plentiful. Grayer is on fire, Otis will keep driving. Shevon will belly up and pour in a solid 10 and 10 game. Abram or Jenkins needs to step up big time. Need to keep the turnovers to 10 or below in order to win.

Goodguys 74
Scooochie Buuuchies 72

OP
Washingtonian

Washingtonian

Hall of Famer
Have we ever beat a ranked team in Fairfax? I went back through the schedule on gomason.com and it goes back to the early 2000's and couldn't find anything.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Have we ever beat a ranked team in Fairfax? I went back through the schedule on gomason.com and it goes back to the early 2000's and couldn't find anything.

I think Mason is probably around 0-4 or 0-5 when hosting top 25 teams, and I'm pretty sure at least 3 game in the last 2 years being in the A-10 (If I recall correctly, vcu UMass and SLU were all ranked in the last two years). Prior to hosting UMass (or SLU?) two years ago, I think Mason went about 18 years without hosting a ranked team and now have hosted a ranked team 3 years in a row.

These are all guesses. No idea if they are accurate.

GMUSig03

All-Conference
Pretty sure our infamous win over a Chauncey Billups led Colorado team in 1996 was a win over a ranked opponent

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Pretty sure our infamous win over a Chauncey Billups led Colorado team in 1996 was a win over a ranked opponent

I'm pretty sure that was the same Colorado team that was coached by our former head coach Joe Harrington.