Game 22: Dayton, Feb 5th, 7 PM, MASN

Washingtonian

Hall of Famer
Dayton comes in with a 14-8 record after beating GW on Saturday by a score of 75-65. They beat Iona in December by a score of 96-84 and St. Francis (PA) in November by a score of 70-56.

For those in Ohio, it appears the game will be on WHIO.

Devin Oliver averages 12.4 PPG/7 RPG. Jordan Sibert averages 12.o PPG and hits 43% from 3. Dyshawn Pierre averages 11.8 PPG.

Stats: http://daytonflyers.com/cumestats.aspx?path=mbball&year=2013&

Dayton's message board: http://dayton.rivals.com/forum.asp?sid=1080&fid=1286&style=2

Discuss.

smccart5

Starter
I'm honestly hoping last game was a turning point. Besides the players playing pretty well the whole game, the coaches were more animated than they've been all game.

The assistants were jumping and yelling (uncle Roland aside) and Hewitt and up almost the whole game and seemed 100% locked in. A few times he literally pushed our guys on the court who were out of position into the right position.

Bottom line: holy hell we need a conference win

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
They have a thread telling their AD to get Bruce Pearl on the phone. It seems like every college team that is underachieving has a thread on Bruce Pearl. Fans have no ethics.

I wonder what Bruce's wife thinks of the DMV?

TweederGMU

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Goodguys 71
Rusted Red Wagons 66

BA and Patrick drop 15 points on these clowns. Jenkins has 15 rebounds. Get the ambulances ready....we send 9 fans to the ER with Heart attack-like symptoms after our first win!

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I have a weird good feeling that this is the game Mason takes for their first ever A-10 conference win.

Mason 72
Dayton 66

And all 2500 in attendance hug and rejoice together like none other

Five Two

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Dayton played well on Saturday, similar to how they played coming out of the Maui tourney. Granted, GW was depleted. Not a shocker, this will be a close one.

OP
Washingtonian

Washingtonian

Hall of Famer
A one point loss?
Really?
What are the chances of that happening?
Next you're going to tell me they have us leading at half...
and into the final minutes..
Buck stops here and we break the curse.

Something like this happening?

PDGL Hoops

Starter
I smell a win....or someone just heated up left over wings from their Super Bowl party in the kitchen down the hall....but I would like to think it is a win:
Mason 70
Dayton 66

JimP

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Perhaps it's just my mood this morning, but I get less optimistic about a win as the game approaches. Yes, GMU played a great game against St. Louis. I'm not sure that overrides the fact that the Hewitt led Patriots play to the level of competition in every game. This year especially, that equals a loss.

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Interesting that we have played Dayton four times before being in the same conference.

sigmanorm

Starter
I just don't know...We could win by 20 or lose by 20. All depends on who shows up.

What I do know...
I will be there wearing some color of green or gold. I will be yelling at refs, complaining about player rotation, watching in awe at the amazing shooting and pulling my hair out for stupid turnovers and bad shot selection. I will praise a player for something they did well and will tear them down for screwing up. I will hold my hands in the air when we are shooting FTs and yell something hopefully funny and distracting when Dayton is shooting FTs. I will keep my foot in the same position if we are playing well and shift it if we are not. I will work my mojo and realize that nothing I do will change the result on the floor, but I will think it will.

I am a fan...I am delusional...I enjoy the game...I hate the game...I bleed green and gold (I should see a doctor) :bricks:

Patriot Lawdog

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I just don't know...We could win by 20 or lose by 20. All depends on who shows up.

What I do know...
I will be there wearing some color of green or gold. I will be yelling at refs, complaining about player rotation, watching in awe at the amazing shooting and pulling my hair out for stupid turnovers and bad shot selection. I will praise a player for something they did well and will tear them down for screwing up. I will hold my hands in the air when we are shooting FTs and yell something hopefully funny and distracting when Dayton is shooting FTs. I will keep my foot in the same position if we are playing well and shift it if we are not. I will work my mojo and realize that nothing I do will change the result on the floor, but I will think it will.

I am a fan...I am delusional...I enjoy the game...I hate the game...I bleed green and gold (I should see a doctor) :bricks:

I disagree. The one thing you can count on with this team is a close game....Maybe we should just have an opposite day to get rid of the whole good first half/bad second half thing. Switch up baskets/ends of the floor/benches, etc. Someone could dress as Costanza...I'll start by not saying one bad thing about the coach during the in-game thread.