Game 22: Dayton, Feb 5th, 7 PM, MASN

mason2k1

Starter
I was happy to see your brother play last night after being benched the previous 5 games.
Same.
And it must be hard for the players to get into the groove when they're receiving inconsistent playing time and never know what games they'll be playing in.

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
Pretty good game for our starting seniors - combined 34 points, 11 ft's converting 9 of them. The 2 assists to 5 turnovers ratio was a little ugly though.

Unfortunately our starting freshman looked like freshman. A combined 6 points with an equal number of fouls. Arguably Jenkins' worst game if you factor in minutes played.

polepino

Starter
Yick, I think all the bad stuff right now is all purely psycological at this point. As someone brought up earlier I think they need to do something else to gain some levity in that locker room (i.e. Larranagas wiffle ball diversion). I'm sure the whole team is just going to practice every time and just purely working on working out kinks in the game and just being super serious about everything. Its that old saying "All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy." I could just see it from the players faces and the coaches last night, everyone is just burned out from 'trying harder' and trying to 'get better.' That's pretty much how they are playing too, almost like they're just going through the motions, playing NOT to make mistakes instead of just letting it all hang out. The flipside however isn't to just play and not care about basics which I think the team swings to at times. They have to find some middle ground.

Last edited:

patriot2000

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
I smell a convincing win over Duquesne followed by "we're turning the corner talk," then a loss in front of our biggest crowd of the year at homecoming.
Part one of my prediction correct. Let's keep our fingers crossed that it ends there!