Game 21: AT St. Louis, Feb 1st, 2:30 EST/1:30 CST, NBCSN

dr. gunnie

Administrator
Staff member
We had two decent looks vs St. Louis too.

In one situation, you either win or you go to OT. In the situation above you add a third element of having to defend a game winning shot. I would rather take the possible losing aspect out of it.

JBiggs

Starter

In one situation, you either win or you go to OT. In the situation above you add a third element of having to defend a game winning shot. I would rather take the possible losing aspect out of it.
I agree with that sentiment in most situations, but if you have a clear size advantage and better rebounders, I'd possibly go earlier, and look for a rebound with a second chance put back. I also think 10 times out of ten, I would take the ball to the hoop - either slash or look for a lob. It's nice to get bailed out with a foul and have a chance in case the shot doesn't fall.

Patriot Lawdog

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️

This was actually my reasoning for not liking the play. To me, it played into the "hanging on" mentality instead of playing for the win. It was the option that eliminated a disaster scenario, but didn't give us the best chance to win. Granted, I've always been a bigger supporter of BA than a lot people on this board, but I wanted him to have the ball in his hands given the game he was having. Your chances in OT are not very good so take your best shot at winning the game in regulation.

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
You and your freakin math...:crazytongue:
Sorry Norm, but the math has gotten worse. There are now four teams ahead of us with 2 wins. At a minimum, we have to win two games and at least two teams have to lose out the rest of the way (assuming there is a tie breaker scenario that gets us in) .

But, it is looking like it will most definitely take at least 3 wins to stay out of the PIG, possibly more.

sigmanorm

Starter
Sorry Norm, but the math has gotten worse. There are now four teams ahead of us with 2 wins. At a minimum, we have to win two games and at least two teams have to lose out the rest of the way (assuming there is a tie breaker scenario that gets us in) .

But, it is looking like it will most definitely take at least 3 wins to stay out of the PIG, possibly more.
Damn it!!! I don't want to drive to NY Wednesday night and I don't have a hotel room that night. Anybody got a couch for me and my family?? Haha