Game 21: AT St. Louis, Feb 1st, 2:30 EST/1:30 CST, NBCSN

TweederGMU

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Great effort from our guys.

However, It truly is unreal and just laughable now how bad our ball handling is all-around and how our guys can't dribble for shit. Our whole team basically picked up their dribbles way too early in this game when trying to run our offense. This is where 75% of our turnovers occurred. BA and Sherrod bounced a few off their feet yet again and BA had his pocket picked. Is it really that hard to teach a guy where and how to dribble this late in their careers, I wouldn't think so.

Holloway just stood in his spot the entire final 2 minutes and refused to go to the ball to help BA, Moore, or Jenkins out. He's gotta learn that BA stops his dribble whenever a guy comes out to him. So many times we get caught in this predicament and the same outcome happens, either he calls a Timeout or turns the ball over.

How hard is it to teach ball handling, dribbling, and protecting the ball skills. I want to hire the Harlem Globetrotters and bring them in here to teach dribbling and ball handling skills because whoever is Coaching our guards sucks. This is PATHETIC.

The scoring is there in most games. However, we have to limit our turnovers to 10 or less each game, protect the ball at all times, and keep the ball moving around in order to put teams away.

Last edited:

Masonfan3

Starter
Maybe from here on out we can have Hewitt coach the team for the first 35 minutes and then head to the locker room and let the players decide the rest of the game.

JimP

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
You people need to understand that plays have something called "options."

Actually I was happy Hewitt just went with the five that had played the best game down the stretch and stuck with them.

God bless you - it takes guts to give Hewitt the benefit of the doubt at this point. I'd like to see him actually make decisions that lead to a senior laden team getting a W though.

The last shot was fine, isolation
No shit, please tell me what "option" we tried to get to -- unless I'm hallucinating, I didn't see us do much of anything on that play.

I was fine with having the ball in Marquis' hands one on one. We even got a board and a chance at a putback, with St. Louis having no shot.

Now I'm sure L would have designed a complex play with four passes with multiple people coming off picks for a high percentage shot as time expired, but you know, Hewitt Hewitt Hewitt.

TweederGMU

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
The last shot was fine, isolation

I was fine with having the ball in Marquis' hands one on one. We even got a board and a chance at a putback, with St. Louis having no shot.

Now I'm sure L would have designed a complex play with four passes with multiple people coming off picks for a high percentage shot as time expired, but you know, Hewitt Hewitt Hewitt.

Have to disagree here. Moore is our best chance at a game winning shot, that's retarded. Holloway and BA both had hot hands.... I would rather have BA or Holloway try a 3 or runner than have a non-shooting freshman jack up an ugly last shot. That was disgusting and horrible.

JimP

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GMU is a team that very rarely gets embarrassed in an individual game, but the results of the season so far have been embarrassing. You'll see a close & likely exciting game if you watch a Mason game, but everyone knows who is coming out with the W and who is getting the L.

P

PoorManProfit

Spectator
Have to disagree here. Moore is our best chance at a game winning shot, that's retarded. Holloway and BA both had hot hands.... I would rather have BA or Holloway try a 3 or runner than have a non-shooting freshman jack up an ugly last shot. That was disgusting and horrible.

It's really hard to argue with this. I'm not saying G Mas has anyone you would want taking a final shot, but there has to be, at least, a couple better options than a freshman with an absolutely wretched jumper. Maybe he was supposed to get to the basket to break down the defense and open up some lanes for an offensive rebound/tip? G Mas had lots of success, it seems, today on putbacks.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I'm still trying to figure out how in the name of St. Elmos Fire we got beat by a tall white kid name Rob Loe.

Well, there was 26 seconds on the baseline when we inbounded the ball. If you'll recall, Copes got the ball and almost got it stolen, but he was barely able to get the ball to Allen, who then got it out safely to Moore.

Maybe the "intent" was to do something else, but I'm glad we got a decent look at least.

P

PoorManProfit

Spectator
Well, there was 26 seconds on the baseline when we inbounded the ball. If you'll recall, Copes got the ball and almost got it stolen, but he was barely able to get the ball to Allen, who then got it out safely to Moore.

Maybe the "intent" was to do something else, but I'm glad we got a decent look at least.

Yep. I do remember, but I would hope that someone would want that ball and come get it. Now, I know, that "player" doesn't necessarily exist on this squad.

Well, if there's any complaint I had it was that we didn't get the ball to Patrick more in the last five minutes, period. But as I said, Allen was 0-3 the last four minutes in similar scenerios anyway.

It is my understanding that we don't have a s### ton of plays for Patrick this year anyway. We better next year, though.

If I were Hewitt, I would keep Patrick second unit but make him the total focus of the offense when he's in. Kind of like how the Bulls used to use Kyle Korver.

Yep. I do remember, but I would hope that someone would want that ball and come get it. Now, I know, that "player" doesn't necessarily exist on this squad.

Eh, with this team I was just happy we got the ball in, number one, Copes didn't get it stolen,. and we got it safely out to Moore. I agree it wasn't ideal but I was more than fine with it.

Wouldn't have been surprised if Moore blew past him either, and if he makes it, that is some career-defining confidence for a freshman.

I hear you guys, though. But nothing on Hewitt this game for me.

JimP

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Yeah, I don't understand how anybody could be happy that a freshman with goofy looking form took the shot to win it. Just win a God Damn A-10 game Hewitt.

TweederGMU

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Well, if there's any complaint I had it was that we didn't get the ball to Patrick more in the last five minutes, period. But as I said, Allen was 0-3 the last four minutes in similar scenerios anyway.

It is my understanding that we don't have a s### ton of plays for Patrick this year anyway. We better next year, though.

If I were Hewitt, I would keep Patrick second unit but make him the total focus of the offense when he's in. Kind of like how the Bulls used to use Kyle Korver.

I understand BA was 0-3 but he creates shots and definitely has a better shot at making a jumper than Moore.

BA and Holloway both have a better shot than Moore. Fact