Game 21: AT St. Louis, Feb 1st, 2:30 EST/1:30 CST, NBCSN

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
This is déjà vu of the NIT Penn State game a few years ago. You just knew it was over when we didn't close them out in regulation. No complaints from me , though. I'm proud of the effort our players gave today.

P

PoorManProfit

Spectator
Nice effort. However, they did what losing teams find a way to do. Lose.

JimP

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
My God - how much more heartbreak can a fanbase/team endure? God Damn Rob Loe. They played a great game in this one. I'm sorry though, I blame Paul Hewitt for the fall of Sherrod. Larranaga would have had this senior ready to play this year.

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Loss. Would love to see free throw stats for the game. They're in double bonus for ever, we just get to the bonus. Hmmmmmm........

Leesburg Chankenstank III

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
When you play the best AND worst teams exactly the same way, that's coaching, my friends.

I have made considerable money betting on mason this year due to our outright predictability.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
When you get a chance to beat the No. 19 team on the road, you don't hold the ball for the last shot and settle for a 15-foot J from a non-shooting freshman -- especially when you have several better options.

We had 25 seconds left. Plenty of time to run something other than "everybody stand around and watch Marquise dribble."

Terrific effort and kudos to Hewitt for keeping the guys playing hard -- but if the last possession was the best he can draw up, that is unacceptable.

R

rockster

Spectator
how in the world with 24 seconds left and the game tied you let Marquis Moore take the last shot. He just dribbles the ball in place for ten seconds waits for the clock to expire and then forces up a shit shot. WTF is Hewitt thinking. Is that the call in the huddle during the time out?

Say what you want Hewitt, Blewitt again. He is just a horrible coach.

Blewitt, you play to win the game. What a joke as a coach you are. Yeah I can hear all the accolades now on how great we played. Sorry not good enough, enough of his excuses. I can here it now, what a great team St. Louis is, give them credit. Folks are you tired of hearing the same ole crap after every game?

What a level of frustration exists with this team, not to mention the fans.

JimP

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
When you play the best AND worst teams exactly the same way, that's coaching, my friends.

I have made considerable money betting on mason this year due to our outright predictability.

No kidding, to anyone who has watched Mason play this year - you can bet they'd lose - but not lose by 15. These guys clearly have the talent, and I agree Hewitt is a nice guy - but they don't have a coach that can take them over the top.

Masonfan3

Starter
I will never understand why everyone stood around and watched Moore take the last shot. I will also never understand why Sherrod didn't play the last 10 min of regulation..and why he wasn't in there on the last possession or why Hewitt continues to sub Copes in on offense when we need shooters on the floor. Good effort by the team but once again we have a coach that gets in their way.