Game 20: Duquesne University, Saturday, January 23rd, 4 PM, NO TV

Leesburg Chankenstank III

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Our problem is the same problem we've had all year and that is common to a team loaded with freshmen. When things start going bad, we can't pull ourselves out of the tailspin fast enough. That's where having an upperclassmen or two who can rally the guys or just say "I'm stopping this." and get a bucket is huge. The biggest positive I see is that guys are clearing not letting up one iota when things go wrong. No complaining, no finger pointing, just plugging away.

We'll get there, guys. Just have to have some patience. I still believe by the time we get to the A-10 tourney, we'll be dangerous.

They're already dangerous to anyone within a 5 foot range of me while watching them play.

JimP

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
The results of this year are predictable given the loss of last year's entire freshman class and Gilbert. Paulsen and staff are getting to see what they are up against in the A-10 this year. They reeled in some pretty good players given the limited time they had to make up for the roster losses. With sufficient time to recruit, I think Paulsen will figure out what we need and eventually turn GMU around. Like somebody said, just gonna have to grin and bear it for a while.

stimes

Preferred Walk-On
Have to wonder if our freshmen are hitting a wall. Although Grayer stepped up with 15 points, Otis, Abram and Murrell shot a combined 20% (6-29). The good thing about this group is they always fight to the end even on off nights.
The problem is shooting, but more importantly they can't defend. Guards are having a field day when they see Otis. Never really knew how bad his defense was until the A10 started. Abrams is just too thin to compete with quality A10 players. Marko as we all know is not Athletic enough to compete with A10 players, but he's a very intelligent player on the court. Jenkins is our best defender at that spot, but he fouls too much. The freshman are not freshman anymore. They have played at least 20 games now, it's time to stop jacking up 3's and dig down and play some defense.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
might be time for a little tee ball. I hope.DP can keep them loose and having fun despite the record. that can pay dividends too.

psyclone

Hall of Famer
There also was brief tv shot and mention on network news of a couple of Duq players unsuccessfully trying to push the bus.