Game 19: Saint Louis University, Thursday, Jan 29th, 7 PM, CSN Mid Atlantic, SNY

Washingtonian

Hall of Famer
The game is also on the A-10 Network, Fox Sports Mid West and The Comcast Network according to gomason.com.

St. Louis has a 9-10 record coming into this game, 1-5 in the A-10, 2-5 on the road. The schedule can be found here: http://www.slubillikens.com/SportSelect.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=27200&SPID=93215&SPSID=632626

They lost all five starters from last year's team, and their only player that is averaging double figures in scoring per game is Milik Yarbrough (10.5 PPG). Ash Yacoubou is averaging 9.9 PPG. Austin McBroom is hitting 45.1% from 3 point land. Stats can be found here: http://www.slubillikens.com/fls/27200/MBB/201415/stats/TEAMCUME.HTM

This appears to be their message boards: http://www.billikens.com/forum/?showforum=101

Discuss.

JimP

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
St. Louis nearly beat vcu and was leading GW much of their game at the Smith Center. Wish I could confidently predict a win. I don't expect one - not sure the team does either.

TweederGMU

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
WTF is a Billikin!?

Revenge time for these aholes since we choked twice against them last year. Damn you Rob Loe..... go keep doing your cable commercials.

Must win game. Lets employ a new strategy. I say we go little and just slice their kneecaps with our ninja skills with Tate, Corey, and Moore. Just alley ops all night long to Thompson and Porter. Thompson with 15 points.

Goodguys 64
The Sloths from the Goonies 61

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Jollay posted in another thread that Hewitt's job can be saved by a decent winning streak.

Therefore, go Billikens!!!!!

Leesburg Chankenstank III

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I think Billikens are those little guys who find their way into plane engines and eat the wires.

I hope Mason can get one or two more wins this season--I think this one of those rare moments.

Attachments

• Gremlin.png
    Gremlin.png
    62.2 KB · Views: 327

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
RPIforecast has Mason as 7.4 favorites against SLU. Fordham is the only other time we are projected as a favorite at home.
Thinking about getting a second mortgage, cashing out my IRAs, digging up my silver and gold coins, taking my wife's jewelry and my guns to the pawn shop, cleaning out my children's education accounts, and "borrowing" my parents' life savings they have hid under the mattress. Heck, this is such a sure thing, I may knock over a 7-11 knowing that I will be able to buy my way out of prosecution with an expensive lawyer.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
The game ends like this:

"Mason has a 5 pt lead with 8 seconds to go while out of timeouts. They fail to inbound, and off the inbound SLU steals the ball and shoots a three from the side. Mason gets the ball back, fails to inbound again as SLU steals it, SLU swishes a 3 on the buzzer to win."

SLU 63
Mason 62

GMUSig03

All-Conference
The game ends like this:

"Mason has a 5 pt lead with 8 seconds to go while out of timeouts. They fail to inbound, and off the inbound SLU steals the ball and shoots a three from the side. Mason gets the ball back, fails to inbound again as SLU steals it, SLU swishes a 3 on the buzzer to win."

SLU 63
Mason 62

Why does this series of events sound familiar?

St. Louis is not very good, especially on the road, and we match up well with them but if we are a touchdown favorite that's strong money on the Billboikins from Jollay Kronopolis.

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Jim Crews vs Paul Hewitt. Neither are great but at least Crews was able to take the inherited talent and make it to the NCAA tournament. So once again, even a mediocre coach will outcoach the Fluffer King.

99 Patriot

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
You sort of feel like Saturday was maybe our last, best effort at playing quality basketball, but I'll hope Tate's effort grows contagious and we squeak out a close game in front of about 1,900 people. If Moore is out, I immediately change my prediction to a double-digit loss however.

Hewitt has still not won a "Big" home game since the vcu game 2 years ago, but occasionally when no one is paying attention he'll sneak out a W in a game like this.