Game 19: AT Fordham University, Wednesday, January 20th, 7 PM, NO TV

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Oh, well, we made a run at them at the end. Not a great performance, but I guess the positive is that they never quit. Tough shooting night for Otis (1-5) and Grayer (2-9), but Marko (15 points), Moore (18) and Abram (11) played well.

JimP

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
These announcers have no faith GMU will ever win playing no TO D. Hopefully Paulsen proves them wrong in a couple years - though it would seem they have a point. Hey - he did it at Bucknell...

Herndon

All-Conference
These announcers have no faith GMU will ever win playing no TO D. Hopefully Paulsen proves them wrong in a couple years - though it would seem they have a point. Hey - he did it at Bucknell...
The announcers also had an extended debate about whether zero was a number, so I don't take them ultra seriously ;)

liem.le.3388

Starter
Well not only do we not cause turnovers we also let players shoot from whatever spot they want.

hoops10

Sixth Man
Why is it that they cant or will not play defense, they seem to just let people through the lane at will. I get the whole freshman gig, but they are hard to watch.

psyclone

Hall of Famer
You spoke too soon. They are now debating whether zero is a number and whether white is a color. :bricks:

Indeed, I did. The discussion about whether zero was a number was remarkably irrelevant to what was happening in the game. I particularly enjoyed when one of them mentioned that Mason had cut the lead to 8 but this was the magic number that Mason couldn't get beyond. Unfortunately for him, the score at the time was 52-46!

I think math wasn't that guy's strong point!

On the other hand, they weren't ridiculous homers and noted during the game Livingston's and Moore's quickness. Even commented in one of the crowd shots on Otis' father being there and mentioned that he had the pleasure of working with him in the past (Otis' dad is a tv sports guy in the NY metro area).

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Well not only do we not cause turnovers we also let players shoot from whatever spot they want.

This is a big problem. 5 turnovers, 16 assists suggests they did nothing to disrupt the flow of Fordham's offense. It's compounded by the fact that Mason turns it over WAY too much. It's tough to see the TO margin being so large no matter who we play.

JimP

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
The man-to-man all the time philosophy was a lot more effective against the less athletic guards in the OOC games. Gonna be allowing 70 ppg on the season soon.

smccart5

Starter
This game felt pretty lackluster. I did really appreciate the diving on the floor steal and easy bucket though, that was great to see.

Shevon can barely get down the floor, the dude definitely looks hurt. It was sad when he was basically getting in the way of Otis on a fast break opportunity. He is either hurt or just kind of lazy because every trip back up the floor he looks to be just trotting, of course I've never been 6'11 before.

ephoops

Starter
Shevon can barely get down the floor, the dude definitely looks hurt. It was sad when he was basically getting in the way of Otis on a fast break opportunity. He is either hurt or just kind of lazy because every trip back up the floor he looks to be just trotting, of course I've never been 6'11 before.

His foot is definitely hurt and he is certainly not lazy.

I give him a lot of credit for being out on the floor and trying to help the team.

smccart5

Starter
His foot is definitely hurt and he is certainly not lazy.

I give him a lot of credit for being out on the floor and trying to help the team.

Totally agree and I want him out there as much as he can be. But if he needs to take a couple of games to heal up, I' would take that so he can get back to full strength.

OP
Washingtonian

Washingtonian

Hall of Famer
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ball-team-a-long-nights-journey-into-morning/

Unrelated to the decision to reschedule Saturday’s game, the George Mason squad endured a hellish night trying to get back to campus from New York after Wednesday’s game at Fordham.

The team was making good time on I-95 until it reached the Beltway.

“It’s 2 in the morning and it’s a parking lot,” Patriots Coach Dave Paulsen said of the debilitating road conditions. “Semis are pulled over. People are walking.”

The bus driver exited the interstate and tried to maneuver to the Baltimore-Washington Parkway. That too was clogged. So Paulsen decided to give up.

“I’m not going to have our players sleep on the bus,” he said.

On the slow ride through College Park, Paulsen had remembered rumbling past a Marriott near the University of Maryland campus. Someone called to see if there were rooms available. There was. Paulsen booked about a dozen rooms for players, coaches and support staff.

psyclone

Hall of Famer
I heard things were bad, but 2 am! Good decision by Paulsen! I remember driving near the Inner Harbor under similar circumstances with my entire family and regretting not making that same decision.