Game 19: AT Fordham University, Wednesday, January 20th, 7 PM, NO TV

Washingtonian

Hall of Famer
Fordham comes in with a 10-6 record/1-4 in the A-10 and 10-1 at home. They beat Manhattan back on Nov 28th by a score of 87-64.

Their schedule is here: http://fordhamsports.com/schedule.aspx?path=mbball

Stats are here: http://fordhamsports.com/custompages/stats/mbb/2015-16/teamcume.htm

Mandell Thomas is averaging 14.9 PPG, Ryan Rhoomes is averaging 13.9 PPG/8.3 RPG, and Chris Sengfelder is averaging 5.1 RPG.

Last year's box score from Fairfax is here: http://www.gomason.com//ViewContent.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=25200&CONTENT_ID=1143462

Discuss.

psyclone

Hall of Famer
We now are in a 5 way tie for last place in the conference. We have only 4 games left with the other 4 and this game is one of them. Unfortunately of the 4 games against the weaker teams, St. Louis is the only home game. So if we're to avoid the play-in game in the conference tournament, we're going to need some road upsets against those we're tied with or home upsets against the top part of the league.

JimP

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
We now are in a 5 way tie for last place in the conference. We have only 4 games left with the other 4 and this game is one of them. Unfortunately of the 4 games against the weaker teams, St. Louis is the only home game. So if we're to avoid the play-in game in the conference tournament, we're going to need some road upsets against those we're tied with or home upsets against the top part of the league.

Schedule makers have done us no favors. I'm hoping we can get one of the next two.
Fordham's beatable, though they've got a couple of pretty good big men - something St. Louis lacked. Duquesne at home is a winnable game too - though GMU's gonna have to shoot very well and/or keep Mason in check.

MasonCrew

Starter
Hard to call any game in what is essentially a lost season a "must win", but this is pretty close to one. Fordham is very beatable, and I don't want to play in the play in. If we can finish in the top 10 this season, I'd be happy. I think this is a very doable goal that would carry some momentum into next year.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Fordham is not nearly as good as it looked while feasting on crappy OOC teams, but better than its 1-4 conference record.

They have a bunch of guys who can really shoot it, so we're gonna have to score a bunch again to win.

Given how our offense has performed of late -- specifically, the Davidson, SJU and Saint Louis games -- it should be a fun, back-and-forth game.

psyclone

Hall of Famer
Fordham looked ok in a close loss at GW but has been waxed in away games at vcu and St. Joe's in the past week. Still, I think they'll be a solid 6-7 pt favorite at home against us.

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
We break the Hewitt curse and begin the Paulsen domination of FU. Mason 75 - Fordham 71.

Harry

Starter
Looking at their schedule, they have lost 5 of their last 6. However they handily defeated two teams that Mason lost to, Colgate and Manhattan.

Still, I say the curse stops now, they overlook us, and we beat them down!

OP
Washingtonian

Washingtonian

Hall of Famer
Looking at their schedule, they have lost 5 of their last 6. However they handily defeated two teams that Mason lost to, Colgate and Manhattan.

Still, I say the curse stops now, they overlook us, and we beat them down!

Oops, I usually list the common out of conference opponents and overlooked that one. Thanks.

MasonFanatic

Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
KenPom: Fordham 70-65, 30% chance of Mason win.

Fordham ranked 172, Mason ranked 189.

TweederGMU

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Marquise and someone else will need to light these boys up. Otis? Jalen? Grayer? Need another player to step up and contribute consistently.

Plus we have Mike Quinn. Suck it Fordham!

Goodguys 73
"Ford" - Fix Or Repair Daily 67

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Is this game streaming anywhere for free or even for a few bucks?