Game 17: GMU (9-7/ 2-1) vs St. Bonaventure (11-4 / 3-1) on Wednesday, January 26, at 7PM.

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Watching the second half now. We've been up big against Bona before, but a difference I see today is Bona can't just out physical this team and take over. Cooper, Schwartz, Oduro, and Ticket aren't going to back down or let you bully them...even XJ plays with some grit.
Straight guts. This team has that killer instinct in their DNA. We’ve been missing it for about a decade now.

Pablo

Hall of Famer

Earl the Squirrel

Sixth Man
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Not much that I can add to what has already been said. Let's not forget about Ticket. Truly a difference maker tonight.

Had hoped for a better turnout. (Do our casual fans not understand a home game with the Bonnies is a game you circle on the schedule?). It should be treated as significant as a vcu game.

In one season we have (so far) slayed the Maryland dragon, clipped Dayton, and knee-capped the Bonnies.

What's next? Davidson?

Props to the players and staff...thanks for making my night.

By George.

Starter
Favorite part so far...10 point game 41-51...shot clock going down. Cooper hits a tough 3 with Welch in his face and Welch just puts his arms up, like, nothing else I could have done there.
We got you, such a great photo

Attachments

• A0F5140E-8406-47AD-9BC1-A424FDCD499F.jpeg
    A0F5140E-8406-47AD-9BC1-A424FDCD499F.jpeg
    846.3 KB · Views: 373

mason89

Starter

"Bona had rallied before at EagleBank, roaring back from 15 down with much of this same core to beat the Patriots 61-49 in 2020. But these weren’t the altogether average Patriots the Bonnies had seen in years past. This is a much-improved GMU group, under first-year coach Kim English, that asserted itself in a way that Bona didn’t."

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
When was the last time we’ve had a run like this at home? These guys are absolutely defending the home court like something we haven’t had for the last decade.

Is anyone interested in pooling money to get Coop or Ticket some sort of NIL deal? They deserve it.
Morrison and The Beard days, as I recall.

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
Half Full
If we'd managed just two more FTs against GW (12-19 63%), or had just one more stop or made basket, or if Josh had been good to go, the team would be on a four game win streak and have won 7 of its last 8. The only loss being a competitive game against #6 Kansas on their own court and wins over unanimous pre-season favorite St. Bonnie and Dayton.

Half Empty
If we'd missed just two more FTs against Dayton, or had just one fewer stop or made basket, we'd have lost 8 of our last 13 including one to bottom-feeder GW.

Honest take
The team looks like they're playing really well right now and having a lot of fun on the floor. We should see what their made of with 4 of our next 5 games against Richmond, St. Louis, and vcu, picked 2nd, 3rd, and 4th respectively in the pre-season poll and all currently in the top half of the A10 standings. The short rotation is a bit of a concern with 5 games in 11 days coming up, including road trips to St. Louis, Richmond, and Philly, and Josh having some tendinitis issues in his knee already.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Morrison and The Beard days, as I recall.
Thats correct- the last time they defended the homecourt well was 2011-2012, like 12-1 if I recall from when I looked at the record book. That was following a 14-0 year.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Thats correct- the last time they defended the homecourt well was 2011-2012, like 12-1 if I recall from when I looked at the record book. That was following a 14-0 year.

Win at home, split on the road, and you’ll always be in the conversation (depending on how it splits its somewhere between 12-6 and 14-4).

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Half Full
If we'd managed just two more FTs against GW (12-19 63%), or had just one more stop or made basket, or if Josh had been good to go, the team would be on a four game win streak and have won 7 of its last 8. The only loss being a competitive game against #6 Kansas on their own court and wins over unanimous pre-season favorite St. Bonnie and Dayton.

Half Empty
If we'd missed just two more FTs against Dayton, or had just one fewer stop or made basket, we'd have lost 8 of our last 13 including one to bottom-feeder GW.

Honest take
The team looks like they're playing really well right now and having a lot of fun on the floor. We should see what their made of with 4 of our next 5 games against Richmond, St. Louis, and vcu, picked 2nd, 3rd, and 4th respectively in the pre-season poll and all currently in the top half of the A10 standings. The short rotation is a bit of a concern with 5 games in 11 days coming up, including road trips to St. Louis, Richmond, and Philly, and Josh having some tendinitis issues in his knee already.

CKE made the same comments in the presser..
We don't go to St Louis....party on folks!