Game 17: GMU (9-7/ 2-1) vs St. Bonaventure (11-4 / 3-1) on Wednesday, January 26, at 7PM.

MasonFanatic

Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Covid is messing with my ability to make sure all of my tickets get used. If anyone needs a pair for tonight, message me.

Update: Tickets are gone.

Last edited:

Pablo

Hall of Famer

Daniel Frank
@n1a2v3y4
·
14m

I said this before the season and I’ll say it again now: I would be ECSTATIC with George Mason getting a bid to the NIT this year. It’s national relevance they haven’t even come close to in my four years here.

Quote Tweet

NYCBucketsLogo_normal.jpg

John Templonn @nybuckets· 54m

An attempt at a projected NIT bracket. Only including teams projected over .500 (the big exclusion therefore is Kansas St.). North Texas got bumped down a line and Saint Louis up because of a seeding mess on the 6 line.

Show this thread

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer

Daniel Frank
@n1a2v3y4
·
14m

I said this before the season and I’ll say it again now: I would be ECSTATIC with George Mason getting a bid to the NIT this year. It’s national relevance they haven’t even come close to in my four years here.

Quote Tweet

NYCBucketsLogo_normal.jpg

John Templonn @nybuckets· 54m

An attempt at a projected NIT bracket. Only including teams projected over .500 (the big exclusion therefore is Kansas St.). North Texas got bumped down a line and Saint Louis up because of a seeding mess on the 6 line.

Show this thread

George Mason @ Belmont?

Yes, please.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I'm shocked Mason made the NIT bracket but hey whatever works. I suspect they would have to be really good the rest of the way to get consideration for that tournament since it is very tough to get in.

OP
Patriotsince81

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
6 from the A10 in the NIT means only 1 NCAA (Davidson). Interesting if it plays out that way.

TweederGMU

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
If St. Bonny makes it to the A10 Championship game and loses I think they would get in the NCAA's. They need to continue to win 90% of their A10 games. Solid wins against Marquette, Clemson, and even boise State may get them in - they need to get to the championship game though.

UR with all that talent and old men and still can't consistently win is beyond me. Mooney is a fraud.

If UNC makes a run and only loses 4 more games in the ACC (put them at 10 loses total) I think they will get in as well. The committee will always pull in a program like UNC over some mid-major with a better record.

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Winnable game tonight, not much more to add that hadn’t already been said. If we get the team that came out and banged with Kansas for 40 minutes we walk away with a 6 point win tonight. A lot is going to come down to keeping Oduro on the court (no foul trouble), getting Osun into foul trouble, and forcing the Bonnie’s to try to beat us on jumpers. I’d like to see us come out and press them some more than usual to see if we can wear them down a bit for the second half.

X factor tonight will be Coop/Ticket. Cooper has been extremely streaky this season, if he hits one early we can take a lead into half. Need him to get going early though. If we can get a couple first half threes out of him, then ticket just keeps doing what he’s doing we’ll be well positioned to win.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
What do you think of going small again if Oduro picks up an early 2? No way Osun can hang with Gaines on the perimeter at the 5. The question is will fronting Osun the other way and collapsing on him work as well as it did against Kansas?

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
What do you think of going small again if Oduro picks up an early 2? No way Osun can hang with Gaines on the perimeter at the 5. The question is will fronting Osun the other way and collapsing on him work as well as it did against Kansas?

It's worth a shot. Almost beat Kansas.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
It's worth a shot. Almost beat Kansas.

Yeah. And if we can take a Osun completely out of the game and they’re forced to play Adams, he is no Coleman-Lands (by the way, kinda unrelated, when looking up Coleman-Lands I saw their box score against Texas Tech. How is Santos-Silva still in school? Isn’t he like 30 at this point? Feels like a decade ago that we last played against him).