Game 17: GMU (9-7/ 2-1) vs St. Bonaventure (11-4 / 3-1) on Wednesday, January 26, at 7PM.

Five Two

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
What do you think of going small again if Oduro picks up an early 2? No way Osun can hang with Gaines on the perimeter at the 5. The question is will fronting Osun the other way and collapsing on him work as well as it did against Kansas?
Nice call. Thats exactly what we did when Josh came out of the game

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
man this late class is killing all the fun of these second halves. I’ll go home and watch it. Was nervous when Lofton cut it to 4. He’s so smooth on those drives.

I know Bonnies are struggling but the A10 getting out on notice that coming into Fairfax isn’t going to be easy anymore! Let’s go!!!

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Ticket, Cooper, Schwartz all balled outrageous tonight. Oduro did exactly what we needed, having a great scoring first half, then showing he can facilitate. First game I’ve seen where he looked comfortable passing out of doubles. Refs let ALOT go on both ends tonight. If you are in NOVA and aren’t going to these games god damn you are missing out, this is just great basketball being played and you deserve to miss it if you can’t make it a point to show up at least once a week.

Lots more thoughts coming, but atmosphere was WAY up tonight. It sounds dumb, but they literally had a sign that told students when to stand up, and THEY DID IT. And they cheered.

We need a transfer PG this off-season, but until then, XJ and Ronnie have to figure it out. Can’t have Ronnie coming in and killing at 8-0 run anymore.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Awesome win- few things off the top of my head

- need to find consistent pg play. Xj and polite do all they can but at some point it’s going to bite us in the behind.
-15 threes tonight made by mason. Last I checked, if you have a team that can shoot, that’s pretty good.
-Mason locked down when they needed and made some plays. Whether it was a big 3, a defensive stop, whatever. Whenever Bonaventure crawled back they stopped them. That 15-0 run was something.
-Great job on Osyunni tonight. Denied him the ball and he couldn’t get going. Oduro had 5 blocks. Amazing.

Really good win. As much as Bonaventure isn’t as good as everyone thought they are still really good. Defending the home floor is of utmost importance as well.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
That was a blast! Brought my dad, brother and brother~in~law, and they were really impressed by the team, players and coaching. Nice to be proud again of our program again. Let’s keep the winning streak going