Game 16: St. Joe's, January 11, 8 PM, CBS Sports Network

EXpatriot13

All-Conference
GIVING DAY 2023
How is G Mas going to put together 40 minutes of solid basketball against a superior opponent? Dude. Join reality.

You're right, at this point it's never going to happen and I never said it would. Hewitt preached "playing 40 minutes of basketball all offseason". It's just frustrating to see this team constantly only play one half or 3/4 of a game night in and night out regardless of the opponent. IF we were capable of keeping our foot on the gas for the entirety of a game this season would be different. Part of it is players and part of it is the coach.

I agree, we aren't that good and everything is in the shitter (other than our young players and Allen).

P

PoorManProfit

Spectator
You're right, at this point it's never going to happen and I never said it would. Hewitt preached "playing 40 minutes of basketball all offseason". It's just frustrating to see this team constantly only play one half or 3/4 of a game night in and night out regardless of the opponent. IF we were capable of keeping our foot on the gas for the entirety of a game this season would be different. Part of it is players and part of it is the coach.

I agree, we aren't that good and everything is in the shitter (other than our young players and Allen).

I know what you are saying, but you don't think G Mas opponents/fans aren't saying the same thing about their squads? G Mas is 7-8 which, based on what I've seen, they are lucky to be, but 7-8 they are.

Patriotfan49

Starter
They did play well against UNI. How would we look against the top teams in the A10 or Oklahoma and Iowa State if we put it all together for the entirety of a game? UNI isn't on the level of some of the teams I just mentioned. Don't think that's the greatest example. We always talk about "man, if this team could just put a complete basketball game together we'd be pretty good." Hewitt preached this in the off season and we've seen it maybe once in the game you mentioned.

PMP never has anything positive to say and disagrees with almost every post on these boards, so yes, I am a little bitter.

If you are searching for a unicorn, you wont find it. Other than UNI, the team hasnt show a capability in putting it all together against a upper tier team or a horrible team.

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I am a little surprised the line went that way. With Roberts out, and as shallow as their bench reportedly is, I would think we would have moved at least to a pick-em. Are people weighing the final point difference of the vcu game heavily?

EXpatriot13

All-Conference
GIVING DAY 2023
I am a little surprised the line went that way. With Roberts out, and as shallow as their bench reportedly is, I would think we would have moved at least to a pick-em.

Why should we be favored though? We have zero home court advantage and are probably worse than St. Joes, even with Roberts out.

P

PoorManProfit

Spectator
They are begging folks to play G Mas. The play is St. Joe.

Scythe

Starter
He won't stop flapping...

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1389488766527.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1389488766527.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 304