Game 16: St. Joe's, January 11, 8 PM, CBS Sports Network

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
I predict Sherrod, J2, Marko, and Corey will have a great game and Jenkins, PH, and Moore won't. And AO and VG will show up in their Christmas jammies.

Last edited:
P

PoorManProfit

Spectator
:pirate:
While I love this type of idea, but it also makes me wonder if this is going too far. It is one thing for us to discuss the coach's performance (or lack thereof) on here and to campaign for a replacement.

Would taking to openly criticizing him during the game (by wearing a t-shirt that expressed that explicitly or symbolically) be going to far. Would it be tantamount to rooting against our team and maybe distract the players or get them down to see it in the arena?

Dude, no one would care or even notice.

EXpatriot13

All-Conference
GIVING DAY 2023
I watched a good amount of the St. Joes vs UMass game the other night. If St. Joes plays like they did against UMass or gives 3/4 of that effort we will definitely lose. They were without Ron Roberts Jr. for a good portion of the game as well, a freshman with an afro came in for him and played lights out. Per usual, we'll have to play a full 40 minutes to beat St. Joes because they are better than us (not saying much, but still). We never play 40 minute games.

St. Joes: 65
GMU: 59

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I am putting my optimistic hat on. We played hard for close to 35 minutes in the vcu game. That is a significant improvement. I am going to believe that is the start of the upward swing. We build on that and beat St. Joes.

EXpatriot13

All-Conference
GIVING DAY 2023
I am putting my optimistic hat on. We played hard for close to 35 minutes in the vcu game. That is a significant improvement. I am going to believe that is the start of the upward swing. We build on that and beat St. Joes.

I really hope you're right. This team is so inconsistent though, that playing well one game means absolutely nothing heading into the next game.

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I guess Vegas isn't optimistic either.

I put my optimism hat on for a few minutes and you guys are killing it...

smccart5

Starter
I have no idea. I'm hoping to see things like j2 out of the starting spot, more assists, consistency on offense, and good defensive stops

This team doesn't need to worry about winnig right now, they need to learn how to play together. Everyone makes the A10 tourney, just be good enough by then to give us a chance

KAOriginal

All-American
While I love this type of idea, but it also makes me wonder if this is going too far. It is one thing for us to discuss the coach's performance (or lack thereof) on here and to campaign for a replacement.

Would taking to openly criticizing him during the game (by wearing a t-shirt that expressed that explicitly or symbolically) be going to far. Would it be tantamount to rooting against our team and maybe distract the players or get them down to see it in the arena?

Except for the handful of people on here, no one would even know what the shirt color meant. So its really not an issue.

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Except for the handful of people on here, no one would even know what the shirt color meant. So its really not an issue.
I was thinking of something a little more obvious (maybe like the red cross, spelling it out verbatim, or something odd enough to get people to ask-like PHUF) and spreading the word. It is sort of a catch 22, though. Either not enough people join in to make it interesting, or you are successful in getting enough people and it becomes a game day distraction.

TweederGMU

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Goodguys 67
A Hawk? Seriously? Eagles are wayyy cooler 63

BA and Jenkins pave the way with 35 points combined. Sherrod busts out for 12 points and only 5 turnovers.

polepino

Starter
I'm with gmubrian, we pick up the W here in a close hard fought battle after hanging with vcu at their place and realizing "Hey, we aren't so bad when we play good, smart, basketball."

Patriot Lawdog

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
This type of game is the difference between now and "the old days". I used to chalk up this type of game as a win. Playing at home against a solid, but not great team. Now, I just don't see it. After reading about who St. Joe's has lost to and beat, I think they win this one 65-60.

P

PoorManProfit

Spectator
This type of game is the difference between now and "the old days". I used to chalk up this type of game as a win. Playing at home against a solid, but not great team. Now, I just don't see it.

This is 100% correct.

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Hello, Mason fans. A Hawk fan here, as you can tell.

I have but one question, and it's one I've been asking for awhile now:

Who uncoaches whom?
We will win one half. Hopefully it is the last half and the first half hole isn't too big. Or our second half meltdown won't be that bad.