Game 16: GMU (13-2 / 2-0) vs vcu (8-7 / 0-2) on Tuesday, January 9, at 7:00 PM.

This Mason team is 13-2 and one reason for that is the amount of DMV guys on the team

-Darius Maddox (DMV guy from Maryland)
-Ronny Polite (DMV guy from Maryland)
-Woody Newton (DMV guy from Maryland)
-Jared Billups (DMV guy from Maryland)
-Tre Wood (DMV guy from Maryland)

-Tony Skinn (DMV guy from Maryland)
-Louis Hinnant (DMV guy from Maryland)
-Lamar Butler (DMV guy from Maryland)

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
The vcu boards are hitting bi-polar about this game. Some are complaining about their performance - others are trying to say our OOC was worse than theirs. Its comical.

Cant wait for this game. Damn! I want blood.

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
The vcu boards are hitting bi-polar about this game. Some are complaining about their performance - others are trying to say our OOC was worse than theirs. Its comical.

Cant wait for this game. Damn! I want blood.
And some saying we "suck."

Pablo

Hall of Famer

2023-24 Men's Basketball Standings
SCHOOLCONFCPCT.OVERALLPCT.STREAK
George Mason2-01.00013-2.867W6
Dayton2-01.00012-2.857W9
Loyola Chicago2-01.00010-5.667W4
Richmond1-01.0009-5.643W4
Rhode Island1-01.0007-7.500W2
George Washington1-1.50012-3.800W1
St. Bonaventure1-1.50010-4.714L1
UMass1-1.50010-4.714L1
La Salle1-1.50010-5.667W1
Fordham1-1.5007-8.467L1
Davidson0-1.00010-4.714L1
Saint Joseph's0-1.00010-4.714L1
Duquesne0-2.0009-5.643L2
vcu0-2.0008-7.533L2
Saint Louis0-2.0007-8.467L3

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
And some saying we "suck."

A lot of fan bases are struggling with accepting we are a legit top 100 team (even fringe top 50). Expect that all season.

This game makes me nervous not just because of the bugaboo of losing to vcu at home the last 10 years but also between Shula, Bamisile and Bairstow there is enough to challenge anyone and I feel like eventually they’re going to go on a run. I’ll relax once the game is over and I see a W in the W-L column.

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
A lot of fan bases are struggling with accepting we are a legit top 100 team (even fringe top 50). Expect that all season.

This game makes me nervous not just because of the bugaboo of losing to vcu at home the last 10 years but also between Shula, Bamisile and Bairstow there is enough to challenge anyone and I feel like eventually they’re going to go on a run. I’ll relax once the game is over and I see a W in the W-L column.
Agreed. vcu has talent. They have two challenges that I have observed - the whole is still about the sum of the parts and two Odom has not developed the strong defensive approach that has been a hallmark of vcu. Those two elements give me some confidence - some - about defeating vcu. However, Caputo reset his entire team save two players at GW and has been doing well enough to hang an “L” on vcu at their arena. There is blood in the water - Coach Skinn needs to build up our men into a ravenous pack of hungry wolves that is ready to slaughter old women and babies going into Tuesday.

There is no room for mercy - or letting up - only blood and bodies.

Pablo

Hall of Famer

"PATRIOT POINTS
• The Patriots are 13-2 to begin the season and are 58th in the NCAA NET rankings. That's Mason's all-time best NET ranking since the metric was implemented in 2018-19.

• Mason's 13-2 start is tied with the 1983-84 team for the best in program history. The Patriots tallied 11 non-conference wins this season for just the second time in the past 40 campaigns.

• The Green & Gold are 2-0 to begin A-10 play for just the second time in its 11 seasons in the league (2018-19). A win Tuesday would give Mason its first ever 3-0 A-10 start.

• The Patriots have won six straight games, including a 79-67 victory over Saint Louis Saturday afternoon in Fairfax. Mason led by as many as 23 (71-48) in the second half.

• George Mason has won its first two league games by an average of 13.5 points. The Patriots have rattled off mammoth second half runs in both games, including 31-6 at La Salle and 32-15 against the Billikens.

• Sophomore Keyshawn Hall led Mason with 22 points, eight rebounds and made a personal-best eight free throws on eight attempts in the win over Saint Louis. He's averaging 24.5 points, 10.5 rebounds and shooting 55.2 percent in two A-10 games. In nine home contests, he is averaging a team-best 18.7 points.

The Patriots feature one of the most potent defenses in the country. Mason ranks sixth nationally in 2pt FG defense (.424), 13th in overall FG defense (.384) and 55th in scoring defense (65.5). The Patriots allow 1.088 points/possession (86th).

• The Patriots have yet to allow an opponent to shoot 50 percent from the floor over 15 games. That's the longest stretch for a Mason team to begin a season since 2011-12.

• Senior point guard Ronald Polite III added a season-high 19 points (5-10 FG, 3-7 3pt FG, 6-6 FT) to go along with a team-best three assists against the Billikens. He's averaging 13.8 points, 4.3 assists, shooting 56.3 percent and sporting a 2.4 A/TO ratio over past four games.

• The Patriots rank 31st in the country in 3pt FG percentage (.377) and are 44th in overall FG percentage (.480).

• The Green & Gold also check in at 88th in the KenPom rankings. That's the program's highest ranking in the metric since November 2013.

HISTORY vs. vcu

Tuesday's game marks the 69th all-time meeting between old CAA and current A-10 foes George Mason and vcu. Mason is 13-15 at home, 8-24 on the road and 1-7 on neutral courts vs. the Rams (22-46 overall). The Patriots have won three of the past six matchups at the Siegel Center but have not defeated the Rams in Fairfax since February 2016. vcu won the only meeting last season in Richmond by the score of 72-52 on January 25, 2023. Then-junior Ronald Polite III did not play in that game due to injury.

A LOOK AT THE RAMS (8-7, 0-2 A-10; NET #116, KenPom #110)
vcu was picked to finish second in the 2023-24 A-10 Preseason Poll. After missing key players for much of the early portion of the season, the Rams enter Tuesday's game with a full ledger of student-athletes. vcu is 8-7 overall and 0-2 to start Atlantic 10 play. The Rams lead the A-10 and rank 11th nationally in free throw percentage (.778). vcu also is third in the league in blocks/game (5.1) and rebounding margin (+4.2)."

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Where is the AI driven game poster. The game is tomorrrow.

Bringing my youngest son (JMU student - ugh) to the game - forcing him to wear Mason gear and we are in front row behind the VIP section. I am going to be obnoxious as I can be. We are ubering - drinking will be had. $50 bucks for anyone who can get a good pick of me being tossed out in cuffs.

NewPatriot

Starter
Bringing my youngest son (JMU student - ugh) to the game - forcing him to wear Mason gear.
Are you sure that's a good idea? He may use that against you later..like when you turn 90 years old and decides to put you in a County senior home for making him wear green and gold against his will at a vcu game..

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Are you sure that's a good idea? He may use that against you later..like when you turn 90 years old and decides to put you in a County senior home for making him wear green and gold against his will at a vcu game..
Well if he wants any share of the Trust me and Ms. Pikapp set up -- then he will keep his shit in line. If I make it to 90 - he will be saying "Yes Sir" and wiping my a$$ if needed.

So shall it is written - so shall it be done!

Old Man

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Well if he wants any share of the Trust me and Ms. Pikapp set up -- then he will keep his shit in line. If I make it to 90 - he will be saying "Yes Sir" and wiping my a$$ if needed.

So shall it is written - so shall it be done!
Are you Ramses now, or Yul Brynner?