Game 16: GMU (13-2 / 2-0) vs vcu (8-7 / 0-2) on Tuesday, January 9, at 7:00 PM.

masonhoops1984

Role Player
If these boards are so bad, I don't hear anybody begging you to stay.
So the truth hurts. 10 years of being bad is why fans aren't flocking in. Win that's it. Winning cures all. If they can't win big games, then slowly grind it out and gain 100-200 fans a year and be happy. It's better than losing fans. But instant success and fans aren't coming back without winning.

I can promise you people don't care about the shine ratting on the railings or what type of tacos they dish out.

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
So the truth hurts. 10 years of being bad is why fans aren't flocking in. Win that's it. Winning cures all. If they can't win big games, then slowly grind it out and gain 100-200 fans a year and be happy. It's better than losing fans. But instant success and fans aren't coming back without winning.

I can promise you people don't care about the shine ratting on the railings or what type of tacos they dish out.
No, doesn't hurt at all. You haven't said anything that hasn't already been said here...many times. But you are not a fan. You have bailed on the team. We haven't.
And because you are not a fan, you are now blocked. Have a nice life.

masonhoops1984

Role Player
No, doesn't hurt at all. You haven't said anything that hasn't already been said here...many times. But you don't seem like a fan at all. You have bailed on the team. We haven't.
I didn't bail at all. I said the Postseason is out of the question. Has everyone failed to keep up with the state of college Athletics. I also said they could finish 13-5 but that's not good enough for the post season. That would be a great step towards that, but it's not going to get what people on here want. Hell Mason was picked 10th, yes 10th. They will likely finish somewhere between 3-7 I don't see top 2 and I don't see bottom 8. Anything higher than 3 would be amazing but again that doesn't = fans or crowd support.

Not having a big game pg, the stupid mistakes come back to haunt you in games like vcu. It was the difference in the game. Yes they could still very much have a good season but not a great one.

I argued Tony sticks around to which others said no. So I think it's been very misunderstood what's been posted here.

Again though until Mason beats vcu I don't believe it sorry. I think they can make the tournament in the future but that will still come with a loss to vcu. It's just going to have to dramatically change for them to ever win those games. That seems to be the sticking point here.

Nothing else Ive said is really even a debate. I have also posted very positive things people argued. Maybe it's just a cult here and thats why outsiders don't want in, they are chased off. So you all can be cynical as hell but the second an outsider becomes cynical just like you guys then it's not ok. Got it! Makes sense.

Last edited:

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
A loss doesn't get casuals fans back.
Nobody is not coming back because of last night's loss. I brought two friends with no ties to Mason to the game, and they walked away having had a great time. They were impressed with our defensive play and acknowledged that we were a few made 3s from winning the game.

To casual fans, it was an exciting basketball game that came down to the last few seconds. It might have been an ugly rock fight, but people who came last night definitely got their money's worth and will likely be back.

masonhoops1984

Role Player
Nobody is not coming back because of last night's loss. I brought two friends with no ties to Mason to the game, and they walked away having had a great time. They were impressed with our defensive play and acknowledged that we were a few made 3s from winning the game.

To casual fans, it was an exciting basketball game that came down to the last few seconds. It might have been an ugly rock fight, but people who came last night definitely got their money's worth and will likely be back.
The Casual fans who weren't there aren't going to come back. They are tired of losing to vcu, they wake up this morning and see another loss. This really is a joke isn't it? People were complaining the crowd sucked. It wasn't packed and no one said Mason would 'lose' fans. The fans that have come for last 10 years aren't leaving no matter what. I thought it was to 'GAIN' This really can't be real. No the crowd was no bigger than it was, if all you want to grassroot it up and get fans there one by one go for it.

Still stick with winning brings people back but alas, history and trends of what happens is also in debate these days.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
The highest amount of ignores on the site for a user is 15, I'm curious if we'll hit that for anyone else.

masonhoops1984

Role Player
Yet JMU a god awful Basketball program is propped up by beating a garbage MSU. Being in Sunbelt which is a complete joke doesnt hurt them! Either beat vcu or should have never joined it's not Rocket science. Losing to vcu every year and not making tournament is not good. Or play in bad conference and be like JMU? Or be like someone like Vermont? I guess you all would rather play cult schools that no one cares about. Football ruined college basketball. Old CAA with odu, uncw, vcu and mason was way better than Current A10.

All I would like is to stop losing to vcu. It just makes no sense what their end goal was. It's been a giant nightmare.

masonhoops1984

Role Player
Anyone who thinks we should go back to the CAA should be fired dick first into the sun.
Anyone who thinks the A10 is better then the OLD CAA is insane! College basketball has been ruined by football. Done and done. So will try again, either figure out how to beat vcu or deal with never playing in post season. It's not hard, A10 is now a 1bid league just like everyone outside the 6. Money power and yeah. MSU a complete garbage team yet is going to get it and then JMU will get in just to further prop up a bad team. It's all how it works. Somehow there's some belief that college sports aren't in complete turmoil. Good for those people.

GMUSSTN

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
Anyone who thinks the A10 is better then the OLD CAA is insane! College basketball has been ruined by football. Done and done. So will try again, either figure out how to beat vcu or deal with never playing in post season. It's not hard, A10 is now a 1bid league just like everyone outside the 6. Money power and yeah. MSU a complete garbage team yet is going to get it and then JMU will get in just to further prop up a bad team. It's all how it works. Somehow there's some belief that college sports aren't in complete turmoil. Good for those people.
Touch some grass, man. Take a breather. It'll be ok.