Game 16: AT Saint Bonaventure University, Wednesday, January 14th, 7 PM, MASN

ChrisM

Recruit
The only positive adjective I can use about our program is we are stupendously bad. This really is embarrassing, and there's no end in site. We're in an endless tunnel with no light in site. Hewitt is so bad, he got his a** kicked tonight by a gimp.

There's a light, unfortunately it's an oncoming train. The Larranaga era was an exception. Westhead and Hewitt are the norm.

Herndon

All-Conference
There's a light, unfortunately it's an oncoming train. The Larranaga era was an exception. Westhead and Hewitt are the norm.
.........................................................................................................:sadtongue:

I see no redeeming value in any of our coaches whatsoever.

Corey Edwards is now our second best player, and we have given up on him being even an average DI point guard approximately 25 times.

Is the box right in that his line was 0 points, 9 boards, 3 assists?

At least Rudy finally got some time.

GMUSig03

All-Conference
There is a light, his name is Brad Edwards and I'm hoping and praying that glimmer I see is him in the distance (around late February/early March) holding Hewitt's pink slip.

This team is a complete and utter train wreck. How do they go from actually showing some signs of life over a 5 or so game period and then getting blown out consistently (don't forget we had to mount a late comeback against Umass, with their help, to avoid losing that game by double digits).

The team is regressing, there is no fire/emotion/energy from any players. They are just going through the motions, they never smile, don't look like they want to be there when they are on the court.

Players get hurt and lay on the court by themselves, no coaches or players run over to check on them (I've seen this several times including tonight with Corey). No team unity. No nothing.

FIRE HEWITT

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I will buy 5000 white flags and give them out to our fans at home games so that we can show the administration we have given up on this horrible coach and they should too!!!

Vurbel

Hall of Famer
Serious question: Outside of emailing Edwards, what are some ideas we can do at the next home game to voice our displeasure? I know a while back somebody mentioned everybody wearing a black shirt.

Vurbel

Hall of Famer
I think a while back somebody mentioned the 5 stages of loss and the last stage was where many of us are: acceptance. Stage 2 is anger. I'm officially both. I'm angry because I've accepted this.

TweederGMU

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Serious question: Outside of emailing Edwards, what are some ideas we can do at the next home game to voice our displeasure? I know a while back somebody mentioned everybody wearing a black shirt.

Hold up Fire Hewitt signs. Yes.... that means going to Giant, picking up some cardboard and drafting the signs yourselves. Then taking those two little things in between your legs and actually holding it up in the stadium for him and the admin to see.

JimP

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Wow...embarrassing. Watched the game with a Bonnies grad. Luckily, not a guy that likes to rub salt in the wound when his team is crushing your team type of guy.

He did say "Wow, this must be a new low for Mason." It's pretty hard to pick a low at this point.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Is the box right in that his line was 0 points, 9 boards, 3 assists?

I was excited when I saw Corey was starting, but that's because I thought he would play the two guard and actually shoot the ball. I realize Lockett and Mayimba are out, but the main issue with the way Hewitt has compiled this roster is we have no consistent guards.

I like Jackson's upside, but he and Holloway combined to miss 17 of the 21 shots they attempted (that's 16% for those keeping score at home). Our three starting guards totaled 19 points, which is three less points than St. Bonaventure guard Marcus Posley.

Even more depressing, we lost by 20 to a team that got 2 total points from its bench. How is that even possible?

JimP

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Hold up Fire Hewitt signs. Yes.... that means going to Giant, picking up some cardboard and drafting the signs yourselves. Then taking those two little things in between your legs and actually holding it up in the stadium for him and the admin to see.

Yeah, I'd like to see the few remaining fans in the stands get vocal. Hard to feel bad for a guy making $700K a year and producing these results.

If I'm a politician running for office in VA, I talk about this guy and what a waste of taxpayer $$'s he's been. Forget about the guy playing the system to the tune of $10,000 a year.

KAOriginal

All-American
I know for a fact everytime we lose, L overnights a tube of vaseline to TOC.

One by one..all of you, continuously through the game...find Edwards and find Cabrerra...be mature, be civil and personally tell them you find this unacceptable and a change has to be made.

Name calling, etc is not going to impress them or register. And yes signs are good...but I am sure they will be taken.

That will help get the point across very effectively.