Game 16: AT Saint Bonaventure University, Wednesday, January 14th, 7 PM, MASN

Washingtonian

Hall of Famer
This game is taking place at the Blue Cross Arena (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Cross_Arena)

St. Bonaventure comes in with a 8-6 record, 4-3 at home and has lost 2 games straight.
Schedule: http://gobonnies.sbu.edu/sports/m-baskbl/2014-15/schedule

All 5 starters are averaging double figures per game:
http://gobonnies.sbu.edu/sports/m-baskbl/2014-15/files/TEAMCUME.HTM

Youssou Ndoye is averaging 10.9 RPG.

Stats: http://gobonnies.sbu.edu/sports/m-baskbl/2014-15/files/TEAMCUME.HTM

There isn't a topic yet about us, but this appears to be their discussion boards: http://bonabandwagon.proboards.com/board/2/general-board

Discuss.

JimP

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Both teams struggling. Schmidt has proven he can right the ship during a season. Hewitt, not so much.

Unfortunately, GMU is the cure for what ailes the Bonnies.

Bonnies 68
GMU 61

Last edited:

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...snooze...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......snooze.........zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...snooze...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......snooze.zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...snooze...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......snooze.zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...snooze...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......snooze.zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...snooze...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......snooze.zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...snooze...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......snooze.zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...snooze...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......snooze.zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...snooze...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......snooze.zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...snooze...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......snooze.zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...snooze...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......snooze.

phoenix-arizona

All-American
They were teasing us with that mini spell of winning and solid play. Never confident about road games, but who knows?--this team surprised me when they won at Wright State.

Five Two

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Curious that St Bona decided that our game warranted it as a neutral court game; Blue Cross Arena is about 100 miles from their campus. They must feel like they can beat us anywhere........
From the business side of it, why not-
its a midweek game during winter break. they probably have a lot of alums in the Rochester area and stand to make more $$ playing it 100 miles away than playing it on campus with no students and a small local population to draw from.

Pablo

Hall of Famer
Curious that St Bona decided that our game warranted it as a neutral court game; Blue Cross Arena is about 100 miles from their campus. They must feel like they can beat us anywhere........
From the business side of it, why not-
its a midweek game during winter break. they probably have a lot of alums in the Rochester area and stand to make more $$ playing it 100 miles away than playing it on campus with no students and a small local population to draw from.

See http://gobonnies.sbu.edu/sports/m-baskbl/2014-15/releases/20141022c14rb4.

JimP

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I caught some of their game against Dayton at the Reilly Center. Definitely didn't seem like much of an atmosphere without the students there. So from that perspective, I guess a game in Rochester over break makes sense. I know they've played there in the past, but I think it's usually been during their OOC portion of their schedule.

Pablo

Hall of Famer
They were teasing us with that mini spell of winning and solid play. Never confident about road games, but who knows?--this team surprised me when they won at Wright State.

Am I correct that you still posting on the CAAZone with screen name "masonhoopsfan"? If so, why?

KAOriginal

All-American
Here's what sucks about being the A-10.

Even in bad years in the CAA you hated other teams and still looked forward to the games thanks to natural and old rivalries.

St. Bonaventure.....whoopeee, f***kin doo.......sounds like a failed tv pilot about a hospital.

GMURaider

Sixth Man

Even in bad years in the CAA you hated other teams and still looked forward to the games thanks to natural and old rivalries.

St. Bonaventure.....whoopeee, f***kin doo.......sounds like a failed tv pilot about a hospital.

I look forward to our games against vcu, GW, UMass, Richmond and the Philly teams.

Even if we aren't in the best place hoops wise we are in the best NON FOOTBALL conference in AMERICA.

Pablo

Hall of Famer

The only thing that sucks about being in the A10 is the way the Patriots have played since joining.

KAOriginal

All-American
Well I know the A10 is better...but other than the vcu UR history....I just dont really get worked about playing these other teams including GW.

Obviously time will change that, as well as not being thought of as "subtraction by addition"
in basketball from the rest of the league....

JimP

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️

It's actually going to be fun for me. I grew up and currently live in upstate NY. I have many friends who went to St. Bonaventure. Meeting one of them at a bar on Wednesday to watch the game. Not getting my hopes up, but would love if GMU could give me bragging rights.

I remember a couple of GMU vs. Bonnies games during the Larranaga days. The Bonnies were horrible, having been punished for NCAA violations. I recall listening to a game from Olean in which GMU absolutely crushed the Bonnies. I remember
hearing Jai Lewis's name called, so it was back in the good old days.

Went to a game at the Reilly Center in the 90's. It's a fun place to watch a game when the students are there.

Last edited:

TweederGMU

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Yea, remember the good ol' days when we used to beat the shit out of sorry a** St. Bonny. Now, it seems, they have their shit together. But not when we come to down. Thompson is going to own their pansy asses. Jenkins will score 15.

Goodguys 65
Come on.... take the Bonny and run 62