Game 13: GMU (7-5) at #24 Wisconsin on Thursday , December 23, at 7PM. CANCELED.

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
WTF. This is so stupid. I don't care what your stance is politically, it comes down to - Do you want to play basketball? If yes, then wear masks and have the media wear masks. :mad:
Wait a minute - did anyone test positive? Is anyone sick? The cancelled the game because they talked to the media without masks? What is the policy guiding this?

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Wait a minute - did anyone test positive? Is anyone sick? The cancelled the game because they talked to the media without masks? What is the policy guiding this?
Just how stupid are the protocols? Did someone in the media test positive?

We better get paid for making that trip.

Pablo

Hall of Famer

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR

"MADISON – The latest COVID-19 wave has hit the University of Wisconsin men’s basketball program.

UW officials announced that the Badgers' game set for Thursday night against George Mason has been canceled because of positive COVID-19 tests in the UW program."
Is that players? Or Administrators? How many? I thought the NCAA was saying if you had seven players and a coach that weren't sick you could play.

This is f**king stupid.

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Is that players? Or Administrators? How many? I thought the NCAA was saying if you had seven players and a coach that weren't sick you could play.

This is f**king stupid.
Yes, and "program?" The women had to cancel. Are they considered part of the program?
And, yes, 7 players and 1 coach.

Earl the Squirrel

Sixth Man
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Well, this was disappointing but I had a sense of dread all day believing the rug would be pulled on us at the last second. Maybe they had 7 and at least one coach, but I get UW being hyper-cautious. We'll not likely ever know how many people tested positive within the program -- whether they are players, coaching staff, or the team mascot. With Big 10 conference play coming up it was unreasonable to expect they would take any undue risk simply to squeeze in a game against us.

I appreciate they gave us a chance and hope they consider us again next year. The re-match should be dubbed the, "Madison-Mason Spike Protein Classic."

Any of you with access to an X-Box or Playstation? Can you run a simulation and let us know if we would of won, or at least covered?

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Well, this was disappointing but I had a sense of dread all day believing the rug would be pulled on us at the last second. Maybe they had 7 and at least one coach, but I get UW being hyper-cautious. We'll not likely ever know how many people tested positive within the program -- whether they are players, coaching staff, or the team mascot. With Big 10 conference play coming up it was unreasonable to expect they would take any undue risk simply to squeeze in a game against us.

I appreciate they gave us a chance and hope they consider us again next year. The re-match should be dubbed the, "Madison-Mason Spike Protein Classic."

Any of you with access to an X-Box or Playstation? Can you run a simulation and let us know if we would of won, or at least covered?

I doubt any video game would be very kind to Mason right now.

Pablo

Hall of Famer

"The decision to cancel the game was made by UW medical officials, according to a news release. UW did not respond to further questions about testing protocols, when the positive test was found or how many members of the team tested positive."

Last edited:

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR

Pablo

Hall of Famer

"MADISON – University of Wisconsin athletic director Chris McIntosh has tested positive for COVID-19 and will not travel to Las Vegas for UW's bowl game.

McIntosh must quarantine for 10 days.

'I would encourage everyone to follow the advice of medical professionals and get vaccinated, boosted, tested and wear a mask,' McIntosh said. 'Those mitigation measures may not keep us from contracting COVID, but there’s a good chance they will keep us from having a severe outcome.'

The Badgers are scheduled to fly to Las Vegas on Friday.

UW (8-4) is scheduled to face Arizona State (8-4) Thursday, Dec. 30, at Allegiant Stadium.

The news came about six hours after UW officials announced they had to cancel the men's basketball game against George Mason because of positive tests in the Badgers' program.

That game was set for 6 p.m. Thursday.

One day earlier, UW officials announced the women's game against Eastern Illinois had been canceled because of positive tests within the UW program.

That game was scheduled to be played early Thursday. "

OP
Patriotsince81

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Yeah well covering their butts ended up having me watch a Hallmark Christmas romance with the wife yesterday afternoon and then pick out color swatches for a new sofa.
Now that's the funniest damn thing I've heard in a long time.