Game 13: GMU (7-5) at #24 Wisconsin on Thursday , December 23, at 7PM. CANCELED.

MasonFanatic

Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Before we concede, I noticed that in their last game (on the 15th) which was at home, they only beat Nichols State (#208) by 3. In fact, they were ahead of the Badgers by 9 with 16 minutes left, before UW went on a 16-0 run to get back in it.

Of course, Wisconsin is a good defensive team, but they are 288th in effective fg% (Mason is 38th).

I can dream, can't I?!
I believe Johnny Davis missed that game due to a non-covid illness. He is expected to play Thursday.

I wonder if Austin Claunch can give us a scouting report?

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Not sure what beating up on a 300+ team will do to our NET, but Mason is right on the cusp of top 100 at 107. Playing a top 30 team on the road can only help even with a close loss. Win the damn thing and they definitely go into conference play as a top 100 team for the first time since…2011?

TweederGMU

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
In order to pull out a W here Schwartz AND Cooper have to be on from 3 and making their jumpers and layups and need to shoot above 50%. The size Wisconsin has will hinder our game so we will live and die by the 3 in this one. Not sure if we can penetrate with our short guards. Oduro needs to be a stud and take it to them yet stay out of foul trouble.

If we make under 10 3's we will lose. But love this game and exposure.

Goodguys 65
Rat looking Possums 69

bravesfan

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
CKE knows with the losses, the only path to the tourney is winning the A10. Might as well get them some experience against a bigger and better team before they roll into conference play.

Just hope for no injuries.

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
CKE knows with the losses, the only path to the tourney is winning the A10. Might as well get them some experience against a bigger and better team before they roll into conference play.

Just hope for no injuries.

If it weren't for the ODU and JMU loss - we would have a solid resume. That is what is stinging about this. But - I still think we can win. And if we do - we have a solid OOC resume going into conference play.

Diamond Hands to the moon sir.

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
In order to pull out a W here Schwartz AND Cooper have to be on from 3 and making their jumpers and layups and need to shoot above 50%. The size Wisconsin has will hinder our game so we will live and die by the 3 in this one. Not sure if we can penetrate with our short guards. Oduro needs to be a stud and take it to them yet stay out of foul trouble.

If we make under 10 3's we will lose. But love this game and exposure.

Goodguys 65
Rat looking Possums 69
Rat looking Possums. Duke's coach K has already cornered the market on that look.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
JMU is our best loss not our worst. ODU and Washington are UGLY right now

ODU checks in at 238 on NET and Washington checks in at 208

At least theres a chance that both of them move to be below 200 if they improve. Year 1 with no sub200 out of conference losses would be a nice achievement.

Oddly enough Mason is 107 and Miami is 106.

He15man

Starter
I'm trying to not look at this through green/gold-colored glasses, but I truly believe our record isn't an accurate reflection of this team's ability or talent level. We stumbled against ODU and didn't show up in South Dakota. Flat out, they played like a** in that tournament. Very sloppy... poor shooting... turnovers all over the place... etc. In recent games, we're playing better... a bit more under control, and shooting the ball pretty well. and then I look at Wisconsin in recent games and they're not killing anyone. The Nicholls game, especially, indicates that a strong, fundamentally sound showing from our team could be enough to pull this off. So I'm not writing this team off at all. The big question mark is if two days is enough for our coaching staff to analyze, game plan, and prep the guys. I think we have the talent to hang... it's really a matter of prep being the visiting team.