Game 13: GMU (10-2) vs North Carolina A&T (2-10) on Saturday, December 30, at 2:00 PM.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
So far this game is what I expected the game to be. Glorified practice.

I’d love to invite nc a and t back for a buy game next year lol.

Death taxes Monte Ross getting a technical in Fairfax. Lol.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Interesting that some here think we should go back.
Yeah, until Mason wins in the a10 there will always be someone who says it’s better to be the big fish in the small pond.

good glorified practice today as expected. Glad the guys came out and pounded the weaker opponent. 11-2 going into league play is great.

KAOriginal

All-American
Thanks WTOP for promoting a local team and how good they have been......

Screenshot 2023-12-30 18.22.55.png

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Not much to say other than it was great to see Malik back and contribute, Ronny have another solid game and Amari be solid as usual. A typical buy game and it was hilarious to beat up on a Monte Ross team again. Sure enough he also got a technical.

Also a hat tip to Keyshawn Hall who had a rough first half and came out and balled out in half 2. Great to see that. There were only maybe 1 or 2 times he tried to do too much.

8-0 at home and 22/24. I’d love to see us run the table at home.

psyclone

Hall of Famer
Not much to say other than it was great to see Malik back and contribute, Ronny have another solid game and Amari be solid as usual. A typical buy game and it was hilarious to beat up on a Monte Ross team again. Sure enough he also got a technical.

Also a hat tip to Keyshawn Hall who had a rough first half and came out and balled out in half 2. Great to see that. There were only maybe 1 or 2 times he tried to do too much.

8-0 at home and 22/24. I’d love to see us run the table at home.
Hall had a pretty rough first 5-8 minutes on defense. Who was the guy who took him on down low and scored the first 10 pts that the Aggies got? What did we do the rest of the game on him to counteract him in the low post? I think Keyshawn had a height advantage on him, but the guy was able to make all his shots from close range while being contested.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Hall had a pretty rough first 5-8 minutes on defense. Who was the guy who took him on down low and scored the first 10 pts that the Aggies got? What did we do the rest of the game on him to counteract him in the low post? I think Keyshawn had a height advantage on him, but the guy was able to make all his shots from close range while being contested.
yeah he did. The guys last name was Robinson and he posted up Key like 4 times in a row. Local kid too

Finally we went to zone and made them shoot a bit. Also got out in transition as well. I think we also changed who was defending him.

Last edited:

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Mason played Tulane on the 22nd unless you are being sarcastic? Haha.

Yeah agreed with this. NC A&T is terrible and I expect it to be a lot like the Coppin State game hosted last year where they had trouble with our physicality, length and height and ability. They should come in, lose by 25 and be sent on their merry way.

I will say that its definitely encouraging after seeing so so basketball but getting through some wins, seeing good stuff against Tulane defensively and offensively. I'm hoping to see that quality continue into what should be a much weaker opponent and at home.
Yeah, sarcasm is my game.
They said a couple of times, "We took care of business." Yes, they did. Under the past 3 regimes we had some losses that absolutely should have been wins.
Now, let's see if we can keep it up in A10 play.
Go get 'em, gentlemen!