Game 13: GMU (10-2) vs North Carolina A&T (2-10) on Saturday, December 30, at 2:00 PM.

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
The game is on ESPN+.

North Carolina A&T is a member of the CAA. They were picked last in preseason CAA polls.

KenPom: Gives us a 97% chance of winning.
GMU - 100
North Carolina A&T - 352
NET:
GMU - 82
North Carolina A&T - 339

We are 1-3 (.250) against North Carolina A&T all-time.

North Carolina A&T is currently 2-10 on the season. They are 0-2 at home, 1-5 on the road, and 1-3 at neutral venues.

Wins: Texas Southern (85-79), Coastal Carolina (85-82)
Losses: Pitt (100-52), UNC Greensboro (94-78), UVA (80-51), Merrimack College (96-73), Alabama St. (88-73), Samford (101-83), Citadel (85-68), High Point (75-62), NC Central (67-62), Jackson St. (68-60)

Schedule: https://ncataggies.com/sports/mens-basketball/schedule
Roster: https://ncataggies.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster
Stats: https://ncataggies.com/sports/mens-basketball/stats/2023-24

North Carolina A&T is led by 6’2” Landon Glasper (20.0 ppg), 5’10” Camian Shell (11.3 ppg) and 6’6” Jeremy Robinson (9.9 ppg). Others that play double digit minutes are 6’4” Kyle Duke (6.3 ppg), 6’9” Jason Murphy (6.0 ppg & 6.7 reb), 6’5” Uchenna Kellman-Nicholes (6.8 ppg), 6’9” Nikolaos Chitkoudis (5.5 ppg), 6’5” Jalal McKee (5.0 ppg), and 6’8” Evan Joyner (3.7 ppg)

North Carolina A&T averages 69.3 points per game while giving up 84.6. The Aggies shoot 39.5% from the floor and 29.2% from 3. Opponents are shooting 51.4% from the field and 39.4% from 3. The Aggies shoot 72.2% from the free throw line. They are being out rebounded by their opponents by 12.3 boards per game and average 10.2 turnovers per contest.

My prediction: They are 287th in offense, 348th in defense, 341st in scoring margin, 332nd in fg%, 313th in 3 pt%, 351st in fg% defense, 346th in rebounding, etc. To summarize, so far the Aggies have struggled across the board. This should be a double digit win. GMU 80 - NC A&T 67. I anxiously await @GreenLantern's OT prediction, it should be a good one.

Attachments

• patriotvsbulldog3.jpg
    patriotvsbulldog3.jpg
    212.3 KB · Views: 80,638
Last edited:

GMUYoda

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
This should be an easy double digit win... but we saw how George Washington struggled mightily with Alcorn State.

Clean up the turnovers as well.

Mason 83
NC A&T 64

NewPatriot

Starter
I'm looking forward to this because I've chatted with NC A&T freshman Jalal Mckie a few times. He's a talented player and a good kid.

EXpatriot13

All-Conference
GIVING DAY 2023

psyclone

Hall of Famer
Screw the old farts - make their hearing aids explode and blood spurt from their ears. Go Mason - let's get 11-2.
Sounds like elder abuse to me. Believe me, as perhaps the oldest person on this board and a fan and game attender since pre-Carlos Yates, hearing aids are not needed even for games with meager attendance. Not complaining, just remarking on my game experience.

A little lighter on the criticism of our "senior" fan base--it may not be too long until you're the one in need of the handrails and being close enough to the rest rooms. Maybe you can aspire to make as many games in-person as I have.

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Sounds like elder abuse to me. Believe me, as perhaps the oldest person on this board and a fan and game attender since pre-Carlos Yates, hearing aids are not needed even for games with meager attendance. Not complaining, just remarking on my game experience.

A little lighter on the criticism of our "senior" fan base--it may not be too long until you're the one in need of the handrails and being close enough to the rest rooms. Maybe you can aspire to make as many games in-person as I have.
Dude I am a member of this community - but I yell and scream and insult the refs louder than any student. I take my arthritis pain reliever before each game than down two shots and come ready to go. If you want I will show you my AARP card.

psyclone

Hall of Famer
Dude I am a member of this community - but I yell and scream and insult the refs louder than any student. I take my arthritis pain reliever before each game than down two shots and come ready to go. If you want I will show you my AARP card.
You're welcome to yell and scream louder than any student despite your advancing age. Although screaming is not my style, I have been known to offer the refs some advice on calls they've missed at sufficient volume (some may describe it as yelling) to be heard by the offending party.

So not all of us geezers are totally silent. Hence my plea for not being so quick to tar one demographic with the same brush, given the loyalty they've demonstrated over many years.

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
You're welcome to yell and scream louder than any student despite your advancing age. Although screaming is not my style, I have been known to offer the refs some advice on calls they've missed at sufficient volume (some may describe it as yelling) to be heard by the offending party.

So not all of us geezers are totally silent. Hence my plea for not being so quick to tar one demographic with the same brush, given the loyalty they've demonstrated over many years.
Great - so you are a reasonable geezer and I am slightly unhinged borderline not sober - Something I have clearly admitted to in the boards oh lo these many years. Vive La Difference!

Put some bourbon in your Ensure and you will be right there next to me telling the refs my 85 year old mom has better eyes than them.

Almost feel like I have to offer a prediction less I be the reason for a catastrophic loss. As a completely superstitious person (who hasn't changed underwear all season), no way will I change anything until our home streak ends ..... if ever. So here goes:

A10 contender - 79
CAA cellar dweller - 54

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
By my count we have an 11-game win streak at home.
That’s correct, and 21/23 overall. Last two losses at home were GW and St Joes.

At least we have a nonconf home streak going. Last time we lost a nonconf game at home was odu on 12/4/2021.

One thing we always complained about was defending the home floor. Thats very much improved the last few years.