Game 12: GMU (6-5) vs American (4-7) on Tuesday, December 21, at 7PM.

psyclone

Hall of Famer
Take care buddy - get the monoclonal treatment - I did when I got the Coof and in two days I was back up as myself - granted my symptoms were mild - but I was full of piss and vinegar after that.
May be in short supply....

Dawgs99

Starter
Don't really care about Polite's shooting right now, he gives us what we don't really have....a guy that can penetrate and finish around the rim. He'll be a huge addition as we head in to conference play.

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Didn’t mention X at all lol. He’s clearly our best PG even if not super good. Polite just cannot shoot. You say a little off I say way off either way he’s a career .100 or so 3 point shooter. It’s not his game thus my ask for Hartwells only good trait to be morphed into Ronny’s body. He’s not a great defender by any means but still 3x Hartwell

I know. I was just projecting next year when Dinkins comes in. And maybe Dinkins doesn't start right away, but that starting PG position is still wide open in my opinion.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Didn’t mention X at all lol. He’s clearly our best PG even if not super good. Polite just cannot shoot. You say a little off I say way off either way he’s a career .100 or so 3 point shooter. It’s not his game thus my ask for Hartwells only good trait to be morphed into Ronny’s body. He’s not a great defender by any means but still 3x Hartwell

Call me crazy but I think Polite’s shooting is going to come. Right now it’s not his game at all but if I recall he took 1-2 threes and they were spot on but just didn’t go down. For now we will all take a driving point guard who can dish. Tonight he played some solid minutes once again at point helping xj out.

That said I said the same thing last season and I don’t think his shot ever came.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Call me crazy but I think Polite’s shooting is going to come. Right now it’s not his game at all but if I recall he took 1-2 threes and they were spot on but just didn’t go down. For now we will all take a driving point guard who can dish. Tonight he played some solid minutes once again at point helping xj out.

He's got to put in the work, though. But yes, unlike Marquise, whose mechanics were just broken, Polite's shot looks pretty good coming out of his hands even if they haven't fallen yet.

Maybe he can be a Bryon Allen situation? Allen shot 15.4% and 16.7% his freshman and sophomore seasons, then jumped up to 33.3% his junior year and 39.1% his senior season.

Polite shot 13.6% his freshman season, hasn't taken a 3 until tonight (his second game), so we'll see how the rest of the season shakes out.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
He's got to put in the work, though. But yes, unlike Marquise, whose mechanics were just broken, Polite's shot looks pretty good coming out of his hands even if they haven't fallen yet.

Maybe he can be a Bryon Allen situation? Allen shot 15.4% and 16.7% his freshman and sophomore seasons, then jumped up to 33.3% his junior year and 39.1% his senior season.

Polite shot 13.6% his freshman season, hasn't taken a 3 until tonight (his second game), so we'll see how the rest of the season shakes out.

Exactly. Judging from how it sounds like he works hard and it doesn’t appear mechanical, I think it’ll come. Good comparison as well. If he can figure out how to get them to fall, that will be very valuable.

Falco

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
I'm fine with Polite being a subpar shooter. I want his first thought to be driving to the basket.

OP
Patriotsince81

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
"This was a good win for us against an incredibly disciplined team that plays the right way," head coach Kim English said. "They created some challenges on defense, especially switching. I'm really pleased with our ball security, our passing and our grit to end the game. We found a way to create baskets and create stops."

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
"This was a good win for us against an incredibly disciplined team that plays the right way," head coach Kim English said. "They created some challenges on defense, especially switching. I'm really pleased with our ball security, our passing and our grit to end the game. We found a way to create baskets and create stops."

I thought this comment was spot on, and I'm glad he called out the end of the game run. I really thought the fact that Mason went on a big run to end the game when American was hanging around for about 15-20 minutes of the game was good. I don't think Mason played their best ball in the middle of the game but the fact they still came out on top with a blowout win is a very good thing. They got a few stops and turned the stops into baskets, some of them very easy with great ball movement and then finding the open man for a 3 (Schwartz).