Game 12: GMU (6-5) vs American (4-7) on Tuesday, December 21, at 7PM.

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
It will be nice to get back into the friendly confines of EBA after a two week hiatus for exams and a road trip win over Georgia!

American is currently 4 - 7 on the season. They are 2-0 at home, 2-6 on the road, and 0-1 at neutral sites.

Wins: Marist (77-73 OT), William & Mary (74-62), St. Francis PA (83-73), Mount St. Mary’s (72-66)
Losses: Georgetown (79-57), Longwood (82-42), Western Carolina (80-79), UMBC (98-67), Duquesne (88-79), Stony Brook (80-57), Howard (90-56)

Schedule: https://aueagles.com/sports/mens-basketball/schedule/2021-22
Roster: https://aueagles.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster
Stats: https://aueagles.com/sports/mens-basketball/stats

American is led by 6’4” Stacy Beckton Jr. (13.6 ppg & 4.8 reb), 6’2” Colin Smalls (10.3 ppg) and 6’9” Matt Rogers (10.0 ppg & 4.5 reb). Others contributing are 6’9” Johnny O’Neil (9.6 ppg) and 6’6” Connor Nelson (7.4 ppg). Eight guys have started for American over the course of the year. Ten Eagles average double figures in minutes per game.

American averages 67.5 points per game while giving up 79.2. The Eagles are shooting 44.1% from the floor and 32.7% from 3. Opponents are shooting 50.3% from the field and 38.1% from 3. They shoot 68.4% from the free throw line. The Eagles are being out rebounded by their opponents by 4.9 boards per game. They average 13.3 turnovers per contest.

The game is on ESPN+.

My prediction: This is a game we should win handily. If this is not a 10+ point win I will be surprised. GMU 75 - American 60.

Discuss.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
With the students on break and the WFT playing Philly at 7, I’m predicting our lowest attendance of the year. I’m even on the fence on this one. I’m either watching the WFT game on my phone at the Mason game or watching both games on TV at home.

Last edited:

Jack Strop

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Yeeeesh... WFT, Capitals, Wizards, and Mason play games concurrently on Tuesday. Decisions, decisions...

I choose Mason at EBA and get what I paid for. Hopefully, CV19-Omicron doesn't make the decision for me.

Last edited:

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Yeeeesh... WFT, Capitals, Wizards, and Mason play games concurrently on Tuesday. Decisions, decisions...

I choose Mason at EBA and get what I paid for. Hopefully, CV19-Omicron doesn't make the decision for me.
Yep. Watched Ovi score an empty netter tonight while listening to Rohland on the app...which, btw, worked tonight.

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
i have one ticket SEc 115 Row Q to give away
I have 2 if you have a single for me - GA would be ok as i expect it will be easy to move to seats closer to the court

Pablo

Hall of Famer

A10 Talk

@A10Talk

·
50m

George Mason ahead of St. Bonaventure is I'm sure going to cause completely rational and grounded takes on this website today.

Quote Tweet

85n4GlQ0_normal.jpg

Daniel Frank

@n1a2v3y4
· 50m

Updated @A10MBB NET Rankings:
#52 Davidson
#70 Saint Louis
#79 vcu
#85 Richmond
#88 Rhode Island
#103 Dayton
#108 George Mason
#109 St. Bonaventure
#152 UMass
#169 Fordham
#192 Saint Joseph's
#256 Duquesne
#270 George Washington
#273 La Salle
#A10MBB

TweederGMU

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Eagles suck this year and WFT's missing 1/3 of their starters is going to be a lackluster boring game.

We should stomp these dudes. Key word Should

Goodguys 74
High school gym team 61

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Got a rona exposure so I’m stuck at home, two tickets to tonight’s game available section 115 row E message me if interested.

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Got a rona exposure so I’m stuck at home, two tickets to tonight’s game available section 115 row E message me if interested.

Take care buddy - get the monoclonal treatment - I did when I got the Coof and in two days I was back up as myself - granted my symptoms were mild - but I was full of piss and vinegar after that.

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Take care buddy - get the monoclonal treatment - I did when I got the Coof and in two days I was back up as myself - granted my symptoms were mild - but I was full of piss and vinegar after that.
Yeah in a weird spot, had a negative test on Saturday but then two of my wife’s coworkers tested positive yesterday so wondering if it was just too soon for the test to catch it. Just feeling like a cold at this point so waiting to get another test done tomorrow. Fingers crossed for a negative, we missed Christmas last year because of a close contact two days prior too, would suck to miss it again this year.

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Yeah in a weird spot, had a negative test on Saturday but then two of my wife’s coworkers tested positive yesterday so wondering if it was just too soon for the test to catch it. Just feeling like a cold at this point so waiting to get another test done tomorrow. Fingers crossed for a negative, we missed Christmas last year because of a close contact two days prior too, would suck to miss it again this year.
Sorry to hear man. Yeah when we all got it a few months ago - it was my oldest son who took a test for a work event - he had no symptoms but tested positive. My wife had some minor body aches then my daughter had a mild cold - they got tested - came back positive. I got tested - came back negative. A week later I felt a little run down - then tested positive.

If you do test positive - go to Inova and call them about getting the monoclonal infusion - It helps real quick. Only takes 20 minutes.

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Sorry to hear man. Yeah when we all got it a few months ago - it was my oldest son who took a test for a work event - he had no symptoms but tested positive. My wife had some minor body aches then my daughter had a mild cold - they got tested - came back positive. I got tested - came back negative. A week later I felt a little run down - then tested positive.

If you do test positive - go to Inova and call them about getting the monoclonal infusion - It helps real quick. Only takes 20 minutes.
So who is going to pay for our friends in Phoenix and Hawaii to go to Inova? ; )

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
So who is going to pay for our friends in Phoenix and Hawaii to go to Inova? ; )

Oh snap - forgot that ! Yikes sorry. The initial screenings are virtual - but the final drive to an infusion center will be a bitch.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Lets get back to the game tonight.

I was looking at the American schedule so far, and they have gotten blown out by quite a few programs, although they have won 2 in a row.

I'd be very surprised if this isn't a traditional buy game where Mason wins by 15-20. American takes the check, a** kicking and hits 66 east.

Mason 82
American 63