Game 11: GMU (8-2) vs Bridgewater College (9-3) on Tuesday, December 19, at 7:00 PM.

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
The game is on ESPN+.

Bridgewater is a D3 school and a member of the Old Dominion Athletic Conference (ODAC). It is interesting to note that they have a notation on their schedule that this game is an “exhibition”. Their game against Elon on 12/15, a 104-70 loss, was also listed as an exhibition and is not reflected as a loss on their schedule page. The Eagles were picked 7th in the 13 team ODAC preseason rankings.

They play Mary Washington on Monday, December 18. I’ll update accordingly Tuesday morning.

KenPom: Gives us a 100% chance of winning.
GMU - 98
Bridgewater - Not Ranked
NET:
GMU - 60
Bridgewater - Not Ranked

We are 0-0 against Bridgewater all-time.

Bridgewater is currently 9-3 on the season. They are 4-2 at home, 5-1 on the road, and 0-0 at neutral sites.

Wins: St. Mary’s Md. (83-61), Washington & Lee (91-83), Penn Tech (100-79), William Peace (81-49), Juniata (82-64), Randolph (68-67), Averett (69-52), Penn St. Harrisburg (80-64), Greensboro (58-53)
Losses: Mary Baldwin (81-57), Shenandoah (76-52), Elon (104-70 ex) not listed as a loss on Bridgewater’s page, Mary Washington (69-52)

Schedule: https://bridgewatereagles.com/sports/mens-basketball/schedule/2023-24
Roster: https://bridgewatereagles.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster
Stats: https://bridgewatereagles.com/sports/mens-basketball/stats

The Eagles are led by 6’5” Alec Topper (16.4 ppg & 8.8 reb), 6’5” Aaron Oates (14.4 pops & 6.0 reb), and 5’11” Jordan Cooper (12.9 ppg). Others of note are 6’5” Landon Hawes (8.8 ppg), 6’0” RK Law (5.9 ppg), and 6’4” Woody Machado (4.1 ppg). 6’3” Khalil Ward (3.1 ppg) and 6’4” Will Dunlap (2.9 ppg) also play double digit minutes.

The Eagles average 75.5 points per game while giving up 66.3. Bridgewater is shooting 43.2% from the floor and 31.7% from 3. Opponents are shooting 41.4% from the field and 25.9% from 3. The Eagles have out rebounded their opponents by 1.5 boards per game thus far. They shoot 68.7% from the charity stripe and have averaged 12.1 turnovers per game.

My prediction: Despite the sh&t show we witnessed against Loyola we are better at every position. We are also more experienced as nine Eagles are freshman or sophomores. Fatigue may be an issue for them since the “exhibition” against us will be their 4th game in 6 days. This should be a 25+ point win. Anything less this far into the season will be a disappointment. GMU 85 - Bridgewater 50.

Discuss.

Attachments

• patriotvseagle2.jpeg
    patriotvseagle2.jpeg
    350.6 KB · Views: 74,816
Last edited:

psyclone

Hall of Famer
Do we think Kelly will play? No mention of a suspension at the press conference, but I would think the university might impose one. It was pretty egregious.

Pablo

Hall of Famer
Bridgewater is a D3 school and a member of the Old Dominion Athletic Conference (ODAC). It is interesting to note that they have a notation on their schedule that this game is an “exhibition”. Their game against Elon on 12/15, a 104-70 loss, was also listed as an exhibition and is not reflected as a loss on their schedule page.

A D-III program can play a maximum of two exhibitions, scrimmages, or joint practices (may include competition) against any outside team between the first permissible date for on-court preseason practice and the conclusion of the basketball season. So, it isn't unusual for a D-III school like Bridgewater to designate 2 contests as exhibitions during the season against D-I or D-II programs.

Bridgewater's contests against Elon and Mason this season are not counted on Bridgewater's record. But, they are counted as games on Elon's and Mason's record.

psyclone

Hall of Famer
Do we think Kelly will play? No mention of a suspension at the press conference, but I would think the university might impose one. It was pretty egregious.
Also, from the press conference, it sounds like Malik is still home (Texas). Any idea what is wrong? His health? Parents illness? Any clues as to his return?

Pablo

Hall of Famer

EXpatriot13

All-Conference
GIVING DAY 2023
Back in the 'fax for the holidays so getting out to my one home game, wish the opponent was better but hyped regardless.

Anyone not using their Gold Room passes?