Game 11: GMU (5-5) at Georgia (4-5) on Saturday, December 18, at 7PM.

Petey Buckets

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I know it’s a broken record, but we just look like such a worse team when Hartwell is on the floor. Not sure why he’s still getting minutes at this point, none of his stat lines can support it.
Hartwell is perfect for the role he played tonight - 10-15 minutes off the bench for some ballhandling and a couple spot up 3s. He can never ever run the point again under any circumstances.

Oduro is a grown a** man. Whoooo boy, who knows if that was a mirage or if he actually added a couple dimensions to his game, but that was the best I've ever seen him. Machine.

NewPatriot

Starter
Hartwell is perfect for the role he played tonight - 10-15 minutes off the bench for some ballhandling and a couple spot up 3s. He can never ever run the point again under any circumstances.

Oduro is a grown a** man. Whoooo boy, who knows if that was a mirage or if he actually added a couple dimensions to his game, but that was the best I've ever seen him. Machine.
He's been getting better and better.

Its no mirage.

Best big in the a10 right now. One of the top 20 bigs in the county.

He has a massive array of moves, his basketball IQ is elite and now he's learning to play with same intensity and energy at both ends of the floor.

He's just getting started.

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
He's been getting better and better.

Its no mirage.

Best big in the a10 right now. One of the top 20 bigs in the county.

He has a massive array of moves, his basketball IQ is elite and now he's learning to play with same intensity and energy at both ends of the floor.

He's just getting started.
Looks like CKE knew what he was doing when he focused on keeping Oduro over the other guys.

Earl the Squirrel

Sixth Man
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Could not be happier with our play today. A couple takes:

1. Gaines, from the elbow, takes his man off the dribble @15:45 ijn the 1st half. I would like to see more of that, since Ticket is a 90% free throw shooter. Regardless, he set the tone and had a great game.

2. Oduro, as many have pointed out, may have played his most complete game. Tremendous.

3. Polite was great in limited mins. Played great D, ran the O, and made a few layups that he routinely missed last year.

4. Hartwell in the role he's best suited. Got three great spot up, open looks and hit two daggers when we needed them. Easily could have gone 3-3, as the last was WIDE open.

5. Jones was only on the floor for a few minutes but played great D and contributed.

6. Cooper was a steadying presence and made buckets when we needed them most.

I was one of those guys going into UMD thinking we'd squash them, beat up on U of WA, and Nevada, and then land in the Top 20. While I was forced to walk back those rosey predictions, I am now once again teased by this team.

Top 4 in the A10 seems plausible.

Right?

Falco

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Could not be happier with our play today. A couple takes:

1. Gaines, from the elbow, takes his man off the dribble @15:45 ijn the 1st half. I would like to see more of that, since Ticket is a 90% free throw shooter. Regardless, he set the tone and had a great game.

2. Oduro, as many have pointed out, may have played his most complete game. Tremendous.

3. Polite was great in limited mins. Played great D, ran the O, and made a few layups that he routinely missed last year.

4. Hartwell in the role he's best suited. Got three great spot up, open looks and hit two daggers when we needed them. Easily could have gone 3-3, as the last was WIDE open.

5. Jones was only on the floor for a few minutes but played great D and contributed.

6. Cooper was a steadying presence and made buckets when we needed them most.

I was one of those guys going into UMD thinking we'd squash them, beat up on U of WA, and Nevada, and then land in the Top 20. While I was forced to walk back those rosey predictions, I am now once again teased by this team.

Top 4 in the A10 seems plausible.

Right?
Schwartz is the x/factor. When he plays well, the team is tough to beat.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Let's hope they stay humble and no 5 game losing skid appears again.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
XJ + Cooper: 15 assists, 4 turnovers. Great numbers! Helps when guys are making baskets

Team had 23 assists on 28 made baskets!

I'm stating obvious, but when the team shares the ball like that this year, they have done really well on the floor. I don't know if they scouted Georgia's defense that well or if they just had a good night, but either way that is very well done. When you take care of the ball and share it like that, you put yourself in position to win a hell of a lot of ballgames.

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Let's hope they stay humble and no 5 game losing skid appears again.

I doubt we will experience that again - I think they really got high after the 4-0 start and the Maryland win then went into a gauntlet of games where they looked past JMU and even ODU.

The Georgia game was markedly different in look and feel from the 5 losses.