Game 10: GMU (7-2) vs Loyola Md. (1-9) on Saturday, December 16, at 6:00 PM.

It goes hand in hand with player fit to the system.."patriot pressure', "havoc", "40 minutes of hell".
What I really like about this team is they do play hard and aren't afraid to mix it up. For years we have been the punching bag of the A10 - when our folks drive the lane, they get hammered, but we let 5'-10" guards sail down our lane (especially at the end of games) untouched. I hated it when Oduro got his 2nd foul with 5 mins left in the game. I'll take worrying about Kelly, Hall and Newton fouling out early any time over the powder puff D we used to play. They give you 5 fouls for a reason.

FreeGunston12

All-American
What I really like about this team is they do play hard and aren't afraid to mix it up. For years we have been the punching bag of the A10 - when our folks drive the lane, they get hammered, but we let 5'-10" guards sail down our lane (especially at the end of games) untouched. I hated it when Oduro got his 2nd foul with 5 mins left in the game. I'll take worrying about Kelly, Hall and Newton fouling out early any time over the powder puff D we used to play. They give you 5 fouls for a reason.
Seems to me like Oduro got into foul trouble quite a bit actually. I get the sentiment, but there's a lot of revisionist history going on here.

NewPatriot

Starter
Under Kim English, Mason had no depth upfront. If oduro went out with his 2nd foul in the 2nd half, they would have to sit him and play small ball..and bigger teams took advantage of.it.

But I agree. Defensively, Mason has always played on their heels until this

I know I keep talking about vcu.but That's January 9th contest is a statement game.

This the first time in forever that Mason matched up well at every position and depth overall...but they have to get after them and play with intensity that exceeds vcu. It's time the Mason sent back the rams to richmond with their tail between their legs...send a message to the rest of the A10 that.Mason is for real...It's time for Mason.give vcu a wedgie for a change.

Patriot8

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Under Kim English, Mason had no depth upfront. If oduro went out with his 2nd foul in the 2nd half, they would have to sit him and play small ball..and bigger teams took advantage of.it.

But I agree. Defensively, Mason has always played on their heels until this

I know I keep talking about vcu.but That's January 9th contest is a statement game.

This the first time in forever that Mason matched up well at every position and depth overall...but they have to get after them and play with intensity that exceeds vcu. It's time the Mason sent back the rams to richmond with their tail between their legs...send a message to the rest of the A10 that.Mason is for real...It's time for Mason.give vcu a wedgie for a change.
This team literally has the same backup center that KE had…