Game 1: GMU (0-0) vs Monmouth (0-0) on Monday, November 6, at 7:00 PM.

psyclone

Hall of Famer
Midmajor madness caa preview on Monmouth (pick them 11th out of 14):

Monmouth

For the second year of Monmouth’s venture into the CAA, Head Coach King Rice will be joined by his son; Bucknell transfer and All-CAA Preseason Honorable Mention Xander Rice. He’ll unite with a youthful Hawks roster that saw some major improvements late into last season as the staff looks to build on that new found experience.

“Our dream when [Xander] was a kid was for him to play at North Carolina or another high-major program,” Rice said. “Then he earned that opportunity and came home and said ‘that could be cool for 8-9 months, but what we could do [at Monmouth] could be cool for a lifetime.’ When your son tells you something like that, it makes you just want to be better.”

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Brac giving Monmouth the campus. One thing has nothing to do with the other. Dont care if you call them goombas but I guess I’m a goomba lol.
Brac giving Monmouth the campus. One thing has nothing to do with the other. Dont care if you call them goombas but I guess I’m a goomba lol.
BRAC?

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
It closed army bases a while back. Take a look at Google. The one @Pikapppatri8 is referencing is Fort Monmouth (where my father worked) which isn’t far from Monmouths campus.

Anyway, let’s talk about basketball.

Monmouth has two guys who do a podcast and I listened to their season preview last night. One guy thought they’d take Mason down but that Mason also used to be in the Patriot League, lol. I messaged with his partner and he said yeah I know that was a mistake and he didn’t sound as optimistic. Mentioned that while we have a new team, chances are it’ll be a buy game and we use our talent and ability to win as expected.

Funny enough during their podcast they had comments about the admin not engaging students enough, not having students engaged at games etc.

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
It closed army bases a while back. Take a look at Google. The one @Pikapppatri8 is referencing is Fort Monmouth (where my father worked) which isn’t far from Monmouths campus.

Monmouth has two guys who do a podcast and I listened to their season preview last night. One guy thought they’d take Mason down but that Mason also used to be in the Patriot League, lol. I messaged with his partner and he said yeah I know that was a mistake and he didn’t sound as optimistic. Mentioned that while we have a new team, chances are it’ll be a buy game and we use our talent and ability to win as expected.

Funny enough during their podcast they had comments about the admin not engaging students enough, not having students engaged at games etc.
The BRAC commission is still around and they closed and consolidated installations as recently as a few years ago. The closure of FT Monmouth gave a considerable amount of land to Monmouth college now University. Some of the land on Fort Monmouth is also going to Netflix. It was a HUGE installation -- CECOM used to be located there.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
The BRAC commission is still around and they closed and consolidated installations as recently as a few years ago. The closure of FT Monmouth gave a considerable amount of land to Monmouth college now University. Some of the land on Fort Monmouth is also going to Netflix. It was a HUGE installation -- CECOM used to be located there.
Yes but the university had a lot of land irregardless.

Anyway, back to basketball, please.

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023

Sounds like it's not only a Mason problem.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Sounds like it's not only a Mason problem.
It’s not, but we should have a little bit more “students into it”. More students by a lot. We are not their peer in terms of student body etc. They also have the same issue for football.

It’s whatever, but was interesting to hear the parallel of complaints.

EXpatriot13

All-Conference
GIVING DAY 2023
It’s not, but we should have a little bit more “students into it”. More students by a lot. We are not their peer in terms of student body etc. They also have the same issue for football.

It’s whatever, but was interesting to hear the parallel of complaints.
We shouldn’t be comparing our situation to theirs. They aren’t really known for much success in athletics nor have they had really great support.

Our support from students and the community absolutely needs to get better, but priority one is fixing the product on the court. The rest will follow.

Hype to watch the start of the Skinn era tomorrow, let’s go!

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I should probably already know this, but will the game be televised?