Game 1: GMU (0-0) vs Monmouth (0-0) on Monday, November 6, at 7:00 PM.

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
FINALLY. Two days out from season tip. Aside from a W, what are you looking for that will leave you with a warm and fuzzy about this team to start the season?

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
FINALLY. Two days out from season tip. Aside from a W, what are you looking for that will leave you with a warm and fuzzy about this team to start the season?
1) solid pg play - assist to turnovers I’ll be looking at
2) defense and offense strategy. Do we move the ball, do we space and cut. On defense do we change it up. Buy games are glorified practices, and I expect us to use our athleticism and ability to exploit Monmouth. While we will have tougher games, I expect our will to be imposed on weaker opponents starting with Monday.
3) lineups, obviously these will be fluid, but I’ll be excited to see how Ronny does with more time off the ball, how we do with a bigger guard at the 4 like a Hall or Newton. What are the best combos is what I’m looking at here.

Funny stuff

Ronny not dribbling off his leg, inbound plays that actually work, how many hugs the team gives out pre and post game.

OP
Patriotsince81

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
From the team: Guys busting their a$$es on the defensive end, taking charges, diving for balls, easy layups in transition because we actually push the ball offensively, hitting 3's, making free throws, ball movement and player movement. A complete 40 minutes of hell for our opponent. Too much to ask for this early? LOL.

From the fans: At least 6,000 in EBA. Students actually in attendance, loud, and off their phones. Not getting the "sit down and stop being loud" looks from the old farts near me.

Looking forward to comparing notes in the Gold Room with you.

Last edited:

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Sure, but 'they' need to let those of us in the Green and Gold rooms know that it's about to start. Otherwise we'll just keep 'loitering' in place.
There’s a microphone in there, no excuse for them not to get on it and say “5 minutes until tip off”

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
There’s a microphone in there, no excuse for them not to get on it and say “5 minutes until tip off”
Maybe even toss in, come welcome Tony home to motivate those who otherwise won’t listen.

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
All I know is we need to beat a bunch of goombas from Jersey whose school campus was given to them by BRAC commission.