Game 1: Cornell University, Fri Nov 14, 7:30 PM, NO TV

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
Fire him now talk is silly. There's plenty of time for that as the season nears and Paul Ball will provide plenty of fodder for it.

Even the lollipop man has quit attacking other posters for blaming the coach instead of 19 year olds.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Might want to get that lollipop oral fixation looked into, Hugh/Quentin/wiig. And don't think nobody else hasn't noticed how you keep switching back and forth between the screen names like the anonymous tool that you are. Pretty pathetic that you keep logging off and on like you are fooling anybody. So sad.

wijg

Starter
Might want to get that lollipop oral fixation looked into, Hugh/Quentin/wiig. And don't think nobody else hasn't noticed how you keep switching back and forth between the screen names like the anonymous tool that you are. Pretty pathetic that you keep logging off and on like you are fooling anybody. So sad.
You are pathetic. First off, I am not Hugh, though, I agree with much he posts. It is bleeding hearts like you, that don't look at the facts, and go by their feelings that refused to put pressure on our AD after last season that can take some credit for upcoming lost season.

Patriotfan49

Starter
If somebody has a million screen names who cares lol......

We are who we thought we were no matter how hard people wanted to try and convince themselves otherwise.

OP
Washingtonian

Washingtonian

Hall of Famer
Perhaps the biggest mistake yesterday was not putting the men's game as the undercard to the women's game against Virginia Tech. At least the women's team won their opener and appear to be headed in the right direction under their new coach.

Well, you get your wish tomorrow!

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
If somebody has a million screen names who cares lol.....

Just rubs me the wrong way when people run their mouths as much as he does with no accountability, and then he acts like he's fooling anybody by changing names.

Anyway, as you correctly stated, we are what we thought we were. I thought (read: hoped) things might be different this year, but it looks like the same no-direction offense and horrible 3-point defense. Doesn't seem to matter who the players are when the coach is the same.

PS: What is going on with Vernon Davis? The dude is killing my fantasy team.

GMURaider

Sixth Man
Anyone notice a certain Raiders fan has been unusually quiet?

At the end of the day I'm a GEORGE MASON fan and I want this program to win on a national scale. Right now it looks like I was wrong but I'm owning up to it and revising my approach on Hewitt.

If we are below .500 after Wright State? You fire the man the next day: Christmas Eve.

If He can't give me a 5-5 record on December 24th than he's GONE and an assistant Coach is the interim coach.

If we are 5-5 or slightly better? You let him continue with the expectation that you either get us to the NIT or you will be terminated.

Patriotfan49

Starter
Just rubs me the wrong way when people run their mouths as much as he does with no accountability, and then he acts like he's fooling anybody by changing names.

Anyway, as you correctly stated, we are what we thought we were. I thought (read: hoped) things might be different this year, but it looks like the same no-direction offense and horrible 3-point defense. Doesn't seem to matter who the players are when the coach is the same.

PS: What is going on with Vernon Davis? The dude is killing my fantasy team.

If it is him, I think you've called him out enough that we all know lol. Sad day though to be honest, when even the most steadfast eternal optimists have bailed on that rosy outlook.

Vernon is checked out, he's soft doesn't care about football and I wouldn't be shocked if he retired. All his other business avenues, painting, juice etc seem more important..he hasn't been the same tough player since Chancellor knocked him the f out. I don't think him or crabtree will be back.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Vernon is checked out, he's soft doesn't care about football and I wouldn't be shocked if he retired.

I'm sure he'll score three TDs against my Skins next week like Larry Donnell from the Giants did earlier in the season. We have a way of making even the worst of tight ends look like all-pros.

JimP

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
http://cornellbigred.com/news/2014/11/14/MBB_1114145038.aspx:

"Cornell won the battle of the boards (46-38) and attempted 28 free throws while connecting on half of its 18 3-point attempts. The defense forced just five turnovers while committing 16 themselves, but its suffocating defense and ability to clean the defensive glass allowed it to snap a 17-game road losing streak."

Outrebounded by 8 with our height advantage. Embarassing. Cornell got killed on the boards last year. Allowing 9-18 from 3 - ridiculous. Yippee - we had a good TO number. If it's not one thing it's another under Hewitt. Guy can't get his players to play well, or even adequately in all facets of the game.

He owes his riches to past players. He must have had Siena teams with good talent for their league who were able to teach themselves how to play basketball. At Tech a bunch of future NBA players got him to the NC and got him paid a ridiculous contract.

Guess he got lucky that TOC went for a name instead of taking a good luck at his track record. Hard to explain the GMU money give away.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Well being out rebounded and giving up a ton of threes is about right for his teams.

I do wonder why we took 27 3s though. At least last year's team knew not to do that.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Outrebounded by 8 with our height advantage. Embarassing. Cornell got killed on the boards last year. Allowing 9-18 from 3 - ridiculous. Yippee - we had a good TO number. If it's not one thing it's another under Hewitt. Guy can't get his players to play well, or even adequately in all facets of the game.

He owes his riches to past players. He must have had Siena teams with good talent for their league who were able to teach themselves how to play basketball. At Tech a bunch of future NBA players got him to the NC and got him paid a ridiculous contract.

Guess he got lucky that TOC went for a name instead of taking a good luck at his track record. Hard to explain the GMU money give away.

He had very good assistants at Siena and early in his tenure at GT to handle the coaching while he stood around and looked stupid.

There is no other possible explanation.

That, or the guy has some type of brain disease and has simply forgotten how to coach basketball.

Patriot Lawdog

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I'll tell ya, if Bryon Allen would just drive the lane and stop pulling up for jumpers and Sherrod would give some effort....Oops, I forgot.

Masonfan3

Starter
It looks like everyone is finally off the wagon.....what can we do as fans to help facilitate the change? My family has had season tix for over 30 years, If die hards like me leave, who will be left? What a F#cking Disaster.

Keep supporting the players and the program. Hewitt is awful and is not the answer but if people stop showing up and we continue to lose, what do we have to offer any future coach or recruit for that matter? What coach is going to want to come coach a losing program with no fan base? I have no doubt in my mind that if things don't turn around, BE is going to fire Hewitt at the end of the season. The only thing we as fans can do is show our support for the program while also letting BE know that the last 4 years have been unacceptable and show why we deserve a better a coach. Having said that, it is pretty sad how far we have fallen over the past 4 years...

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
OCM came didnt he. Program isnt as bad of shape as it was after Paul I got thru with it. Paul II is leading the charge to destruction though.

Masonfan3

Starter
That's true and I think as a school and program we still have a lot to offer any coach. But I want a coach who wants to be here and is not going to use it as a stepping stone for something better. There is a reason that school down south still has their coach. I refuse to say anything positive about them but I have to admit they have a passionate and strong fan base from the students/alumni/community.