Game 1: Cornell University, Fri Nov 14, 7:30 PM, NO TV

Pablo

Hall of Famer
...actually there was one bit of unheraleded good news about the game, seriously, we only had 5 turnovers. That's the lowest amount of turnovers in a Hewitt coached game that I've seen at Mason. That's actually really good. Pablo, can you back me up with stats on that? Out of all the games Hewitt has coached at GMU was this, ironically, the game with the least turnovers?

polepino,

The Patriots lost to Duquesne 81-69 last season at the Patriot Center despite having just 6 turnovers. This is the problem when you focus on just one stat. Hopefully, the Patriots will be able to minimize their turnovers this season while working for high percentage scoring opportunities.

wijg

Starter
Hugh/Quentin/wiig ... If the three of you are ever in Fairfax, beers are on me.

Gumtom/raider, that's a pretty good deal for you. You get credit for buying beers for 5 people on here and only have to actually buy 2 beers.;)

Last edited:

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
Might want to get that lollipop oral fixation looked into, Hugh/Quentin/wiig. And don't think nobody else hasn't noticed how you keep switching back and forth between the screen names like the anonymous tool that you are. Pretty pathetic that you keep logging off and on like you are fooling anybody. So sad.

Actually I have only one screen name on this site, the only one I've ever logged in with here and used. But thanks for proving your psychosis for me. The only reason I don't still use the other one is that this site wouldn't allow me for some reason. Not sure if it was while some of the bugs were being worked out or that issue with the other site owner having registered names of regulars, but that's it. It's also from same literary reference - not exactly a big secret. Almost like having posted with GMUTom & TomGMU right? I do enjoy how it gets you all worked up and causes you to turn into Encyclopedia Brown and the case of the screen names every time.

Here's the facts though, for three years you acted like a a-hole to anyone wanting to discuss Mason basketball that criticized the overly-compensated coach rather ripping the 19 & 20 year old kids playing for him. Like you do. Well Paul Ball 2 is your coach now, so keep handing out lollipops, STFU, and eat your crow sandwich jerk.

Patriotfan49

Starter
I wonder now if people will still call everybody who brings up Hewitt and his shortcomings negative, or drains, or haters or whatever they did for the first three years. At this point can anybody deny the truth of what's happening....and seriously, for all those that were delusional and holding onto hope, Friday was just an extension of the same issues that have been here for the past three now 4 seasons. Nothing new, nothing changed.......so I'm confused what magically happened to change you overnight?

I got called negative etc many times, but like it or not what is being said is reality. It does no good to not objectively look at the situation and keep telling yourself it's going to be ok. Some guy will all of the sudden be somebody he has never been, or the same action will all of the sudden get a different result. That's the definition of insanity, and when it comes to sports, loser speak. It's ok to almost beat this team or that, we need his guys, give him time to implement his system, blah blah blah.....that is the basis and makeup of bad teams.

Personally right now, we need to be in rebound mode. Everything should be geared for and going toward next year without Hewitt. What needs to be done to make the transition as smooth and successful as it can be. The coaching search early stages should begin now....

Dawgs99

Starter
Patriotfan49....please get over yourself. Really the only one on here that pledged his faith in PH at any time over the last year has been that Raider guy. I was in the fire PH after game 1 of last season. The issue that seems to go over your head is/was the constant derailing of every thread with the same song and dance. We acknowledge the coaching staff sucks, the old administration dropped the ball, and that the game day atmosphere is poor. Just because you bring that up in every thread in every post doesn't make it anymore true. The state of the program sucks in every possible way.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Look, our guards have issues. Blewitt empowers them. If you dont keep the bigs happy, things fall apart. Why the emphasis isnt on all five guys is beyond an epic fail. Blewitt cannot ignore post play. Oh one more thing, start Jackson.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
The state of the program sucks in every possible way.

That's not entirely true. We continue to ramp up the funding for men's basketball and despite an epically horrible season, the AD managed to raise more money this past FY than it ever has.

As for what we can do? Let Edwards know of our dissatisfaction and also let him know that if he decides to fire Hewitt that you will be there to help in the coaching transition (meaning, you will increase your donation -- even if that means to you an extra $25, $50, $100 a year).

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Quentin/wiig, you act like I'm running from the fact that I liked the Hewitt hire when nothing could be farther from the truth. I even came into this year hoping he'd finally get his head out of his a** and figure it out. After one game, I'm in the camp now that believes he hasn't and won't.

As for debating people who didn't like the hire, that's what we do here. We debate. I liked the hire, so I challenged people who didn't. You are the only one who finds the need to make everything personal, because you hide behind your multiple aliases.

I'm not hiding from my views. I'm accountable for what I post here, because most people know who I am. You are not, so you can make the same lame lollipop jokes and personal attacks with no pushback at all.

As for the constant attacks on Hewitt, yes it does get old. Not because it's not warranted, but because it drags down every thread. As P49 point out, everything moving forward should be about finding a new coach; but that doesn't mean we still can't talk about his shortcomings within the context of basketball. I still believe that even though I certainly understand how therapeutic the venting can be.

I think we need a new coach, but I will also be there today to support our players. Even though I have and will continue to hold the players accountable no matter how much you whine about it, they deserve our support now more than ever.

Go, Mason!