Exhibition #2: GMU at West Virginia on Friday, October 27, at 7:00PM.

JC_FoodcourtBandit

Preferred Walk-On
This brings up an interesting point about NIL and international students btw: a school like UMass has like 8 international students on it, none of whom can receive any money while they are here. A way to get around competing in the NIL space, or just more exploitation?
I for sure think it’s an advantage to have some international students on our roster now with how NIL works. I hope Tony can do so, so our NIL money can be spread among fewer players. Hopefully gaining us “better” talent.

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
This brings up an interesting point about NIL and international students btw: a school like UMass has like 8 international students on it, none of whom can receive any money while they are here.
It is a little more nuanced than that. International students that are on a student visa can't work jobs due to federal visa laws. So this isn't a restriction on NIL money, per se. If the income is ruled passive, it is OK. Additionally, the student can earn the money when they are outside the US. The passive ruling is risky, so I believe, most are using the out of country income as the method to pay NIL money to those on student visas.

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
My guess is Ball Is going to red shirt. I know this game wouldn’t count against his eligibility, but Skinn is trying to get this seasons team ready. No point in wasting time on ball when he won’t play this season.
I heard Tony's response when asked about Ball, and his response was that he had intended to get him in earlier in the game and forgot about it. Then when he remembered it was in the heat of trying to win the game and didn't feel it was the right time. Doesn't rule out a redshirt, but he did intend to play him.

Jack Strop

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
It is a little more nuanced than that. International students that are on a student visa can't work jobs due to federal visa laws. So this isn't a restriction on NIL money, per se. If the income is ruled passive, it is OK. Additionally, the student can earn the money when they are outside the US. The passive ruling is risky, so I believe, most are using the out of country income as the method to pay NIL money to those on student visas.
What's next, NIL Bahamian bank accounts laundered through Cayman Island shell corporations?