Exhibition #2: GMU at West Virginia on Friday, October 27, at 7:00PM.

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
I’m assuming everyone here is familiar with West Virginia from the BIG 12. They were 19-15 (7-11) last season. They were 13-4 at home, 3-8 on the road, and 3-3 at neutral sites. They lost to #3 Kansas in the second round of the BIG 12 tournament but were chosen to participate in the NCAA tournament. Surprise, surprise, power conferences getting mediocre teams into the dance. They lost to Maryland 67-64 in the first round of the NCAA Tournament.

They have been picked 12th or 13th in most preseason Big 12 polls.

You are probably aware that sleaze-ball Bob Huggins is no longer coaching. For the second time in his career he resigned before being fired. The interim coach is long time assistant Josh Eilert.

In the “Way Too Early” power rankings the Mountaineers were picked to finish 9th.

Here is the write up from Terrence Jordan.
“The entire Mountaineer starting lineup was made up of seniors this past year, but thanks to the Covid year, Joe Toussaint and Tre Mitchell are expected to return and be major contributors.

Next year’s team will have to deal with losing sharpshooter Erik Stevenson, point guard Kedrian Johnson, and forward Emmitt Matthews, Jr., but good news came the Mountaineers’ way this week as they secured a commitment from one of the most coveted players in the transfer portal, Arizona point guard Kerr Kriisa. Bob Huggins, who has always been adept at building his roster with transfers, has also added a pair of guards from Manhattan, Omar Silverio and Jose Perez.

Outside of Stevenson and sophomore Seth Wilson, West Virginia wasn’t very good from outside, but their offense was effective because they were excellent at offensive rebounding and getting to the free throw line. With the team’s top two rebounders returning, there’s no reason that should change. Kriisa can step in for Stevenson, Wilson can get more minutes, and if Huggins can add one more shooter from the portal, the Mountaineers will again be a dangerous team.”

This was obviously written before Huggins left.

Roster: https://wvusports.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster

The exhibition is scheduled to be broadcast on ESPN+.

Discuss.

Attachments

• wvuvsgmu.jpg
    wvuvsgmu.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 36,520
Last edited by a moderator:

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I don’t really care if we win or lose but I hope Skinn continues to do what he did against St. Thomas: play everyone, experiment with combinations, and try stuff out.

Might be nice to be in a close game so they can work on end game scenarios in a live game situation.

OP
Patriotsince81

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
I simply couldn't resist the temptation. I kid, I kid.

Did you hear that the governor's mansion in West Virginia burned down?
Almost took out the whole trailer park.

How do you know the toothbrush was invented in West Virginia?
If it was invented anywhere else, it would have been called a teethbrush.

If a husband and wife in West Virginia get divorced, are they still brother and sister?

Posting this makes me really miss the old JMU picture thread from back in the day.

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
I simply couldn't resist the temptation. I kid, I kid.

Did you hear that the governor's mansion in West Virginia burned down?
Almost took out the whole trailer park.

How do you know the toothbrush was invented in West Virginia?
If it was invented anywhere else, it would have been called a teethbrush.

If a husband and wife in West Virginia get divorced, are they still brother and sister?

Posting this makes me really miss the old JMU picture thread from back in the day.
you date yourself sir.