Exhibition #2: GMU at West Virginia on Friday, October 27, at 7:00PM.

NewPatriot

Starter
Follow up on Akok:

Akok akok..consensus 4* top 50-60 big in the class of '19. Originally committed to UCONN as part of Hurley's class. Player for the Huskies for 3 years..nagged by serious injuries during that time....transfered into Ewings House of Horrors in Hoya land last year..played a full injury free season...transferred as a graduate to West Virginia this year.

psyclone

Hall of Famer
I know this wasn't a home game, but was there a post-game press conference? If not, I'm sure Tony will talk some about this game at his Monday show.

BTW, my verizon cable guide isn't showing anything about MASN covering the show on Monday at 7. Was that a for-sure thing?

99 Patriot

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
I know this wasn't a home game, but was there a post-game press conference? If not, I'm sure Tony will talk some about this game at his Monday show.

BTW, my verizon cable guide isn't showing anything about MASN covering the show on Monday at 7. Was that a for-sure thing?
Will be recorded and broadcast at another time. Not live

psyclone

Hall of Famer
Follow up on Akok:

More follow up on Akok.

psyclone

Hall of Famer
Will be recorded and broadcast at another time. Not live
Wait....so I either have to actually be at Capitol Ale or wait for the show to be broadcast at some unknown time at a later date? Seems like last year, I was able to get the coach's show on youtube (or something) more or less simultaneously with when it was happening.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I’ll try to find out the logistics. Hopefully we can watch live on YouTube or whatever AND/OR A replay

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023

More than a bit surprised by Polite's +/- being a -19, way worse than anyone else. Okojie is a +5.

They combined for 55 minutes of playing time, thus they had to be on the floor at the same time for at least 15 minutes. Seems like an error is likely somewhere. Can anyone explain the Polite number for me?
Can’t imagine it’s correct, considering we had the lead for so much of the game. It’s preseason for the stat crews too lol.

Falco

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
More follow up on Akok.

“Eilert said he talked with George Mason coach Tony Skinn, who "left it up to me. I made sure the guys were in a good headspace, good enough headspace to continue the game.”

I’m glad that was the response from Skinn.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️

More than a bit surprised by Polite's +/- being a -19, way worse than anyone else. Okojie is a +5.

They combined for 55 minutes of playing time, thus they had to be on the floor at the same time for at least 15 minutes. Seems like an error is likely somewhere. Can anyone explain the Polite number for me?

Only thing I can think of is that each team built up a 10 point lead at one point. If Polite wasn’t on the floor for ours and was on theirs, that could be the issue.

And it’s not like it was really his fault for the latter. Edwards was a one man wrecking crew when they built up their lead late in the second half.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Kriisa suspended 9 games for receiving impermissible benefits: View: https://twitter.com/ethanbock_/status/1719370104985526356

Suppose it’s a good thing this wasn’t a real game, they were not nearly as effective without Kriisa on the floor. They’re going to lose some games while he’s out.

This brings up an interesting point about NIL and international students btw: a school like UMass has like 8 international students on it, none of whom can receive any money while they are here. A way to get around competing in the NIL space, or just more exploitation?

psyclone

Hall of Famer
Kriisa suspended 9 games for receiving impermissible benefits: View: https://twitter.com/ethanbock_/status/1719370104985526356

Suppose it’s a good thing this wasn’t a real game, they were not nearly as effective without Kriisa on the floor. They’re going to lose some games while he’s out.

This brings up an interesting point about NIL and international students btw: a school like UMass has like 8 international students on it, none of whom can receive any money while they are here. A way to get around competing in the NIL space, or just more exploitation?
With this guy scoring 11 pts and being the beneficiary of the dubious "flagrant" foul which was a turning point in the game, I'm hereby calling a Mason win!

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023

Play in the Bahamas and cash them all out!!!