Erik Copes leaves team for personal reasons

I would bet your lunch money this is a kind way of saying you're done. Thank God we don't lose the benefit we get from Uncle Houston at least.

Oh well. Frees up Porter at backup center and Marko at backup PF.

P

PoorManProfit

Spectator
Long overdue. Addition by subtraction. Hopefully, he's better in classroom than on court.

psyclone

Hall of Famer
Maybe a graceful way of dealing with another team violation? Or academic problems?

I actually thought he was playing better and with enthusiasm for much of this year.

Final Straw for Hewitt. Quitting on the team in the middle of the season when we pay his Uncle $140K a year.

I'm not sure what his uncle's salary has to do with it. It's not like Copes was living with his uncle. He didn't have any more control over Copes than he does any other player on the team. Copes did this to himself.

I actually feel bad for Houston.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Another key player leaves Bozo. First it was JA. Whether its his guys or someone elses', they seem to share tje same theme. Imo, a lost cause under a lost coach. Good luck Copes. Pray for your former program bc you might know more about the damage done than you even realize.

Haxormax

Starter
I'm not sure what his uncle's salary has to do with it. It's not like Copes was living with his uncle. He didn't have any more control over Copes than he does any other player on the team. Copes did this to himself.

I actually feel bad for Houston.

Amen to that. He makes big players good. He left Georgetown for this horrible ... team?

Vurbel

Hall of Famer
Another key player leaves Bozo. First it was JA. Whether its his guys or someone elses', they seem to share tje same theme. Imo, a lost cause under a lost coach. Good luck Copes. Pray for your former program bc you might know more about the damage done than you even realize.

Let's see, under PH we lost five players in Copes, JA, Anali, Vertrail, and Paris B.

In that same timespan vcu lost two players, Shannon and Okerafor.

Hmmm....

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
Amen to that. He makes big players good. He left Georgetown for this horrible ... team?

He was let go when Hobbs was fired so became available at that point. Maybe he is an excellent big man coach, just having trouble seeing any signs of consistent improvement in our big men.

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
There's no hopes with Dopes!

No hope with guys who claim their avatar pic is an ex girlfriend, but are using a getty image.

https://www.tineye.com/search/4d8bb1aa82b4db32333558e3d25b8b67471df2b4/

acteur_soleil-moon-frye_4_1141998499.jpg

46.jpg

Last edited:

Vurbel

Hall of Famer
He was let go when Hobbs was fired so became available at that point. Maybe he is an excellent big man coach, just having trouble seeing any signs of consistent improvement in our big men.

In fairness, Morrison improved. Now just one substantial improvement in four years, but still.